Contribute
Register

Guide: GA-P67A-UD3-B3 with ATI 5870 – 10.6.8 and Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

Having read the excellent description word for word, I still cant seem to get OS X to boot without the Iboot cd.

Once I finish installing the combo update and multibeast, I restart my machine without Iboot and see the Iboot screen momentarily then the Apple logo appears with a grey screen where I eagerly wait in anticipation for the spinning wheel.... but nothing happens, the logo just stays there...?

Any help would be appreciated, I have tried this process over 15 times now and I am failing at this step every time.

System hardware:

Asus P8Z68-V PRO
Core i5 2500k
Seagate Barracuda 1T HDD
Using the integrated graphics for now

ams1122 said:
Hi all,

Having read the excellent description word for word, I still cant seem to get OS X to boot without the Iboot cd.

Once I finish installing the combo update and multibeast, I restart my machine without Iboot and see the Iboot screen momentarily then the Apple logo appears with a grey screen where I eagerly wait in anticipation for the spinning wheel.... but nothing happens, the logo just stays there...?

Any help would be appreciated, I have tried this process over 15 times now and I am failing at this step every time.

System hardware:

Asus P8Z68-V PRO
Core i5 2500k
Seagate Barracuda 1T HDD

Little tip of advice why don't you just follow this motherboard that gordo is using it's just as fast as this and cheaper!

just for those that have a white screen with at cursor at the installer when trying to use the xMove guide, you probably use an ATI 69xx card.

you have to remove the ATIRadeonX file from the Lion installer partition in /S /L /E start with move the Framebuffer and restart, if that not work, then try to move the other ATIRadeon then you should be able to continue the installation, and if you have the same problem when booting Lion after an install and have an ATI card, then try do the same.

and Gordo, thanks for your great guide, its really useful.. i follow this page many times at a week :)

sorry for posting ATI problem in this thread, but i didnt know it was the problem while using this guide.

ams1122 said:
Hi all,

System hardware:

Asus P8Z68-V PRO
Core i5 2500k
Seagate Barracuda 1T HDD

Thank you everyone for all of the thanks! It means a lot to me!

As far as the poster above, what happens when you boot with -v?

I have a huge problem! My Bios System is running @ F5
Everyone here and all the guides say F4... so am I screwed here???

How can I downgrade? or better, how can I install iBoot/OSX from F5 bios ver.???

hananias said:
I have a huge problem! My Bios System is running @ F5
Everyone here and all the guides say F4... so am I screwed here???

How can I downgrade? or better, how can I install iBoot/OSX from F5 bios ver.???

I'm running F5 fine. Sleep doesn't work, though.

@kryptonian... Great, that gives me hope! :)

If possible, can you give a brief summary of what you did to prepare your machine for installation.
Which iBoot version did you use, iBoot disk? or did you use the iBoot Legacy?
Then, how did you burn the iso? Disk Utility from another Mac, or another burning software?

I would really appreciate any ones help. THanks in advance! :wave:

My hack stopped booting. Gives an error right before the chameleon boot screen,

EBIOS read error: Device timeout
Block 0x1914e578 Sectors 0

Does this on iboot disk, USB boot disk, and hard drive (SSD)

Any clue why it would work for months then do this?

So it seems it doesnt like 1 of my drives plugged in anymore. Sucks because I have my user folder on that drive so it wont go past the login screen without it. Dunno if the drive is dead or not windows boots though.

Hey, Gordo, thanks for this guide. I have a question.
I've got the same CPU (i5-2500k), but different motherboard (GA-P67A-UD3P-B3), and I am noob in DSDT editing :)
Can I use your DSDT Processor Section for my own DSDT? It will works?
P.S. Sorry for my bad English, i'm Russian actually :)

ProJekt said:
Hey, Gordo, thanks for this guide. I have a question.
I've got the same CPU (i5-2500k), but different motherboard (GA-P67A-UD3P-B3), and I am noob in DSDT editing :)
Can I use your DSDT Processor Section for my own DSDT? It will works?
P.S. Sorry for my bad English, i'm Russian actually :)

No it will not work.

Use your board from the DSDT database or use Easybeast.

Your English is fine :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back