Contribute
Register

Guide: GA-P67A-UD3-B3 with ATI 5870 – 10.6.8 and Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
keypox said:
Gordo74 said:
keypox said:
is the DSDT database rev 1.0 or rev 1.1? Im pretty sure its 1.1 since my sound and other stuff doesnt work.

Please fix and update 1.0 tony!

It is fixed, you have to pick the DSDT that is the revision of your board. Rev 1 uses AC892, Rev 1.1 uses AC889. That's not Tony's fault, that's gigabyte's.

But the database doesn't list a rev 1 or rev 1.1.

Talked to Tony, he's fixing.

keypox said:
is the DSDT database rev 1.0 or rev 1.1? Im pretty sure its 1.1 since my sound and other stuff doesnt work.

Ok, Gigabyte's site doesn't list 1.0 and 1.1 designations, and the BIOS is exactly the same. For some reason they forgot to list that the 1.0 version on their site has ALC 892 and is therefore different. Here's the F5 modified for ALC 892

Attachments

• DSDT-GA-P67A-UD3-B3-F5-1.0.aml
    15.7 KB · Views: 138
tonymacx86 said:
keypox said:

Ok, Gigabyte's site doesn't list 1.0 and 1.1 designations, and the BIOS is exactly the same. For some reason they forgot to list that the 1.0 version on their site has ALC 892 and is therefore different. Here's the F5 modified for ALC 892

Awesome thanks guys! Hopefully I can get my system back in sleeping shape.

Great Guide ! Just step by step I make it.

This worked for me. I bought random equipment without doing much research and was unable to get everything to work properly until today.

Lion 10.7.1
Z68A-D3H-B3 ver 6
Intel Core i3 @ 3.11 Ghz
EVGA GTX-550 Ti
16 GB Crucial Vengeance Ram
1 TB WD Black
32 GD SSD

Had a few sound issues but the rollback/realtech driver thing worked.

Thanks for the guide.

The dsdt Tony posted (see post Sep. 21, 2011) definitely fixed broken audio on a rev 1.0 MB. Would be useful if this was posted in the DSDT database so anyone else running into the problem won't need to hunt for the file. In fact, since manufacturers often make revisions to their MB without changing the name, it might be useful to specify the MB revision for all of the DSDT.aml files listed in the DSDT download database.

Yesterday I successfully updated my build to 10.7.2 without any major problems. I was quite excited about iCloud and happy to test this out.

Unfortunately I was not able to get iCloud to work on my machine. I spent lots of time today testing out different approaches, but unfortunately I could not find any solution.

Does anybody of you already have iCloud running okay on a GA-P67A-UD3-B3 board?

When I try to access the iCloud System Preferences, i will always get Apple-ID Unknown Error, while iTunes, Face Time and Mac App Store do perform very well.

I can login to iCloud via Safari / iPhone / and Windows just fine. So, somehow it must be linked to my Hackintosh machine.

I also tried editing smbios.plist to represent a valid serial with Chameleon Wizard. I tested Mac Pro 3.1 and iMac 12,2 definitions in combination with randomly generated serials.

Switching between Chimera 1.5.4 and Chameleon v2.1svn r1618 (FaceTime & iCloud Fix) did not do the trick, also.

Any help?

Here is a short conclusion by Mak 1 on how to start.

Mak 1 said:
Solution
Always make a backup of your files before proceed.
Install Latest Lnx2Mac Network Drivers for RTL81xx Chipsets to get better results.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Method - 1
Add these arguments to your org.chameleon.boot.plist (com.apple.boot.plist) in Root/Extra folder.
*arguments must be written between <dict> </dict>
<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>

-Then reboot.

No success? Follow the second Method

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Method - 2
1-Delete the configuration in network preferences. (hit the minus (-) to delete) then Apply.
2-Inside YourRootPartition>Library>Preferences>System Configuration.
Delete:
-com.apple.network.identification.plist
-NetworkInterfaces.plist
3-Reboot
4-Go to network preferences and create new network service. (hit the plus (+) to create) then Apply.

No success at all? Follow the third Method.

*IMPORTANT! Read this before Method - 3
EFI Strings in boot.plist causes GPU issues after 10.7.2 Update on some Configurations.
For Problematic Configurations do the following.
-Remove any EFI Strings in boot.plist
-For GPU acceleration (NVIDIA), use necessary kexts. (eg. NVEnabler.kext)
-For network, use latest Lnx2Mac drivers and method 1 & 2.

Method - 3
1-Download EFIStudio 1.1 (http://www.kexts.com, or Google search)
2-Start EFIStudio and Select Device>Ethernet
3-Hit Add Device
4-On the new window you will see a lot of numbers (Hex String) in the second row.
*BE CAREFULL! IF YOU ALREADY HAVE GRAPHICS or OTHER HEX STRINGS IN YOUR ORG.CHAMELEON.BOOT.PLIST(in root/extra folder) DON'T REPLACE IT, YOU HAVE TO MAKE COMBINED HEX STRING BEFORE REPRACEMENT.
***COMBINED STRING CAN BE OBTAINED BY ADDING 2 OR MORE DEVICES TO THE LIST IN EFISTUDIO, YOU WILL SEE THE DIFFERENCE WHEN YOU ADD MORE DEVICES ON THE LIST, THE HEX STRING IN THE WINDOW WILL CHANGE. CHOOSE DEVICES TO ADD ACCORDING TO YOUR HARDWARE. THEN YOU WILL GET THE COMBINED HEX STRING.
--------------------------------------
5-Now you can add the Hex Strings to your org.chameleon.boot.plist(com.apple.boot.plist) which should be in root/extra folder. When you add it manually make sure it is in
<key>device-properties</key>
<string>Your Hex String here</string>
arguments.
---------------------------------------
6-Reboot
7-Repeat Method - 2

After last reboot it should be working.
Good Luck.

Create a proper serial number and you'll be able to use iCloud just fine, happened to me yesterday. I recommend Chameleon Wizard for this task.

Hey eMatoS!

Thank you very much for your reply!
Glad to know iCloud is working on GA-P67A-UD3-B3.

Unfortunately I already used Chameleon Wizard several times to generate a serial for smbios.plist.

Could you please give some more information on what signature you are using? I have been testing with iMac 12,2 (as it is recommended for socket 1155) and Mac Pro 3,1 also.

None of these did work so far.

Perhaps you could also tell, whether you applied any of the fixes mentioned above?
For example do you use:
Code:
<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
in boot.plist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back