Contribute
Register

Guide - Fusion Drive using tonymacx86 Tools & Chimera

Should I enable trim support for the SSD of my Fusion Drive?
Sure, why not?

For most SSDs it will speed up the write operations to the disk, and that can only help the speed of the fusion volume built on top of that.

iCloud login solution.

Wow. So the post by Aleksandr in the other thread is right.

Basically if you are having problems with iCloud login and this method of Fusion drive simply delete the 'rd=uuid boot-uuid=<FusionUUID>' in the kernel flags of boot.plist on all the partitions. Chameleon boots up fine without the flag if you simply direct it to one of the drives.

After that iCould just works!

This is after trying edits to SMBIOS, System ID, network resets, EFI strings, various chameleon revisions! I can't believe the solution was that straight forward.

This was excellent!!!
I did this on both of my Hacs yesterday.
I only made one slight modification to the process.
I had a spare 500 Gig drive (harvested from my children's computer temporarily) that I used to make a 'super duper' image of the main HHD.
Once complete, I then booted to the newly created OSX_Backup image on the newly attached drive.
I then wiped my main HHD drive and created the fusion drive.
It went very easy and I can't believe how fast my boot up is now.
Thanks again for all for hard work and sharing.

I'm also having iCloud/iMessage issues with the Fusion Drive, and I've tried everything except EFI injection. I think it might be something to do with the UUID of the Fusion Drive?

I was able to sign into iCloud using the method below, but this obviously doesn't help with iMessage. Will keep trying to find a better solution.

Posted http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/80015-icloud-login-fails-fusion-drive.html
Also have this problem. I was able to sign into iCloud by deleting the boot.plist from the boot partitions of the two drives and loading the system through the Unibeast USB. If you select one of the Fusion Drives first (it should say 'can't find') in the loader THEN select the USB it should load the system on the Fusion Drive using the USB's Chimera settings.

EDIT: Solution?

Works Great!

I have 13" MacBook unibody late 2008, fusion drive OCZ 120 Agility 3 + 1T Hitachi 5400. But i not se recovery disk. Please i ned help for recovery disk!

iCloud login solution.

Basically if you are having problems with iCloud login and this method of Fusion drive simply delete the 'rd=uuid boot-uuid=<FusionUUID>' in the kernel flags of boot.plist on all the partitions. Chameleon boots up fine without the flag if you simply direct it to one of the drives.

This is after trying edits to SMBIOS, System ID, network resets, EFI strings, various chameleon revisions! I can't believe the solution was that straight forward.

Really? This is the fix!? Awesome!

I have to say, kind of sucks that one little line of text caused these issues.... I rebuilt my comp like three times.

I won't be in front of my hack until Sunday. I can't wait to give it a try.

Really? This is the fix!? Awesome!

I have to say, kind of sucks that one little line of text caused these issues.... I rebuilt my comp like three times.

I won't be in front of my hack until Sunday. I can't wait to give it a try.

Yes, confirm it is working. Make sure you change it in "Boot OS X" disks.

iCloud login solution.

I can also confirm that this fixes the iCloud issue. THANKS airecken!

Hi guys I want to ask you this, I have 2x2TB HDD and 1x120GB SSD. My primary HDD 2TB and partitioned 2x1TB. I installed to Mac OSX one of those. But other 1TB is my storage HDD. If I make fusion drive other 2TB with SDD, after cloning section my storage will be erase?

Hi, I was able to create the Fusion Drive and it works flawlwessly, except for one point: my monitor resolution is broken after the LVG creation. I followed this guide very carefully (except for booting my system from an external usb drive where I have superduped my system).
I tried also the EFI injection (as stated here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/61216-10-8-how-enable-hd4000.html) in the boot.plist for the HD4000 graphics I use, but nothing, I continue to see the screen at low res.

As I understand there are three boot.plist files, one for eache phisical drive and a third for the logical volume gropu. Is that correct?
In which one I should try my attempts to make my monitor/graphics recognized?

Thank you in advance.

Back