Contribute
Register

Guide for Installing Snow Leopard on the 4530s Version 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
You probably have "normal" installation disk, it won't work, i don't know how is it with Snow Leo, but with Lion installation i would bet that you didn't check "Laptop support" when creating installation disk.

riodoro1 said:
You probably have "normal" installation disk, it won't work, i don't know how is it with Snow Leo, but with Lion installation i would bet that you didn't check "Laptop support" when creating installation disk.

With Snow Leopard you can use the 'normal' installation disk.

Problem was I wasn't actually booting iBoot, it went straight to Chimera on my hard drive. Guess something went wrong during burning.

Now i've burned correctly to a CD (instead of DVD) and I'm actually booting iBoot.

No Kernel Panics anymore, but after the apple logo and spinning circle under it I get a greyish screen (like the apple logo boot screen) but nothing after that, it just stops at the grey screen...

When I boot with -s or -v or something I end up with a black screen (with backlight, so no need for fn-f3 or so)..

Maybe something wrong with the disk?

blueking said:
speedy11131 said:
Resetting BIOS did not work. Still get a KP.

BigDonkey said:
OS is not picking up or is missing patched 10.6.8 version of AppleIntelCPUManagement.kext.
Use NullCPUPowerManagement for now in /Extra/Extensions

Would rBoot allow me to get in to do that, or should I use iBoot again?

Try either. Then re run the installer.

Neither works :?
Just gets stuck at the Apple logo. Icon stops spinning, and it just sits there. This is really starting to get frustrating.

daniellh said:
Thanks! I'll do that as soon as I get home.

DSDT has been sent! Thanks again for your help.

UPDATE: Thanks a lot for your help! The DSDT you created worked perfectly. I was able to boot into 10.6.8 easily and then download Lion from the app store and follow your Lion Install instructions perfectly. Everything appears to be working properly. If you ever need any assistance with anything let me know, I'm grateful for your help.

Please let me know how you got it working, I've been pulling my hair in frustration trying to get it working.

UPDATE: Thanks a lot for your help! The DSDT you created worked perfectly. I was able to boot into 10.6.8 easily and then download Lion from the app store and follow your Lion Install instructions perfectly. Everything appears to be working properly. If you ever need any assistance with anything let me know, I'm grateful for your help.

I am having the same exact problem on my snow leopard install. I am installing to a crucial M4 512 SSD and I am wondering if you could send me a copy of that DSDT file that you created for daniellh so that I may try it out?

*Update* My 4530s i7 came with BIOS revision F09 out of the box. When I updated to 10.6.8, the OS would show a grey screen and would not load. When I upgraded the BIOS to revision F20 and followed the install guide, everything worked! Updating the BIOS was a little tricky. I had to do it on the original windows hard drive (since I swaped the original 300gb HD for a 512gb SSD :) )
I could not find a way to get a bootable usb to boot on the 4530s but I did not try a bootable cd. I hope this helps somewhat because I was very frustrated! Don't give up! :)

Hi , im using 4430s bios F20. everything is fine with 10.6.8 but i cant not have HDMI working .When i connect hdmi cable it's just flash the screen of laptop then nothing happen with HDMI Display TV.
Is HDMI working in Snow leopard ? Cause i need it for protool 9.
ps : im using 2760qm ES cpu so i choose 2630qm option in install.
Thanks alot.
Im using this patch for Atheros( in attachment) it working better than your driver included in your installer. stronger signal and more stable.
Thank you.

Attachments

• AR9285 for 10.6.8.zip
    7.4 MB · Views: 89
Ooops wrong thread, sorry.

Just gets stuck at the Apple logo. Icon stops spinning, and it just sits there. This is really starting to get frustrating.

daniellh said:
Thanks! I'll do that as soon as I get home.

Please let me know how you got it working, I've been pulling my hair in frustration trying to get it working.[/quote]

I am having the same problem , but I don't know how to pull the DSDT. ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

Could you tell me how to do this and send me one as well? Please? I am stuck on the grey screen too.

blueking said:
I can make a DSDT for you.

Boot DSDT=no and extract one and send to me!

tastee said:
Could you tell me how to do this and send me one as well? Please? I am stuck on the grey screen too.

blueking said:

Google and download dsdt editor, extract one from the system, compile and save as dsdt.aml and if you can, choose the save location as desktop not extra.
Compress then post here

I have the editor, but one more question. If I login to SL dsdt=no, I still get a blank screen. Do I need to wipe the drive and make it SL 10.6.3 again? ( that worked ) or is there a way to login where I am at 10.6.8 ( but blank screens ). Thanks for your help!

Dewitts said:
tastee said:

blueking said:

Google and download dsdt editor, extract one from the system, compile and save as dsdt.aml and if you can, choose the save location as desktop not extra.
Compress then post here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back