Contribute
Register

Guide for Installing Mavericks on Two Z68X-UD3H Systems - One Using HD3000 / One Using 6850

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I upgrade from Lion.
Yes! Your are my salvation! :)
MultiBeast worked flawless and now the system starts normally. Thanks you very much!

I have only one problem, but that I also had on Lion. The audio doesn't work :(
I also run the new multibeast and repair permissions but nothing :(

Please, assure me which is the right bios (F12) settings.

Ok, I found an old hd that I could erase. So I tried an installation from zero with the same bios settings.
All went well, no problem at all and the audio works!
So I don't understand why in the "original" hd the audio doesn't work and with the fresh installation it works.
Where could I look to understand where is that the audio broke? Could it be some program that mess my audio driver? Sometimes I had little crash with skype.

It's the same situation as the FakeSMC problem. Look at the audio kexts/drivers in the MultiBeast for Lion Features document and compare them with the MultiBeast for Mavericks Read Me on multibeast.com. Chances are you have an old audio kext that wasn't cared over to Mountain Lion & Mavericks.

Compare the audio kexts/drivers installed on your original Lion to Mavericks disk (/System/Library/Extensions/) with your fresh install of Mavericks. Between the two documents and looking at the two disks, you'll see some differences.

Delete the audio kexts named in the MultiBeast for Lion Features document. Then, rerun MultiBeast for Mavericks selecting only the audio kexts/drivers. Reboot the same why you did before.

It's the same situation as the FakeSMC problem. Look at the audio kexts/drivers in the MultiBeast for Lion Features document and compare them with the MultiBeast for Mavericks Read Me on multibeast.com. Chances are you have an old audio kext that wasn't cared over to Mountain Lion & Mavericks.

Compare the audio kexts/drivers installed on your original Lion to Mavericks disk (/System/Library/Extensions/) with your fresh install of Mavericks. Between the two documents and looking at the two disks, you'll see some differences.

Delete the audio kexts named in the MultiBeast for Lion Features document. Then, rerun MultiBeast for Mavericks selecting only the audio kexts/drivers. Reboot the same why you did before.

I just ried to follow your istruction, if I understand well the only file that is installed is the AppleHDA.kekt
I want to be sure, so I delete the kekt, no lucky.
I check the AppleHDA with the other hd and it is the same (version, date, etc), so I replace in "Extra" the plist and DSDT.aml from new hd to the updated one.
The strange (for me) is that when I reboot first time after the installation, I saw the icon "bold" in the upper bar. But quite immediately while finish loading it turn "opaque"

Try reloading the audio kext/driver by running MultiBeast for Mavericks, just selecting the audio kext/driver to load. Then, reboot and boot into your installation using the "UseKernelCache=No" just as before.

Try reloading the audio kext/driver by running MultiBeast for Mavericks, just selecting the audio kext/driver to load. Then, reboot and boot into your installation using the "UseKernelCache=No" just as before.

Sorry for the noob question, but this time I'll select the audio driver with dsdt or without it?

Are you using a DSDT and did you chose UserDSDT in MultiBeast?

Sandy Bridge motherboard systems need to use DSDT to work correctly with OS X. I use the DSDT for the F12 BIOS from the tonymacx86 DSDT Database. Hopefully, you are too. If not, see tonymacx86's post here in The Basics forum section :thumbup: http://www.tonymacx86.com/basics/104461-how-install-dsdt.html

Are you using a DSDT and did you chose UserDSDT in MultiBeast?

Sandy Bridge motherboard systems need to use DSDT to work correctly with OS X. I use the DSDT for the F12 BIOS from the tonymacx86 DSDT Database. Hopefully, you are too. If not, see tonymacx86's post here in The Basics forum section :thumbup: http://www.tonymacx86.com/basics/104461-how-install-dsdt.html

Sorry for the delayed reply. Yes, I always used the dsdt file for the F12 bios. So this time I'll put multibeast and dsdt.aml on my desktop and I'll choose the audio driver with dsdt (only this option).

Thank you so much for this post. It has helped me install Mavericks on my system and almost everything works -

My system is
z68x-UD3h-B3
i7-2700k
Sapphire Radeon 6850
Sandisk Ultraplus 128GB SSD

This system had been very solid under 10.6.8 (although the graphics card wasn't perfect - I could only connect through 1 DVI port, and I would have to reselect my display settings every time I booted up) So I was very excited to upgrade to Mavericks, which has better support for my graphics card.

In order to do the upgrade, I bought a new SSD so I could do a clean install without messing up my Snow Leopard startup disk.

I was able to install Mavericks, using the latest DSDT from the database, and run Multibeast with all of your recommended settings.

However, my USB 3 ports don't seem to do anything. In System Profiler they show up in the USB Device Tree and claim to be hosted by GenericUSBXHCI, but when I plug my USB drive into them, nothing happens. I also tried plugging my iPhone into them, and nothing happens either (the iPhone also does not charge or acknowledge it has been plugged in to anything)

I've tried removing and reinstalling the GenericUSBXHCI.kext -- when it's gone the USB 3.0 ports do not even show up in the System Profiler -- when it was reinstalled it is just like before, System Profiler says I have the ports, but when I plug things in nothing happens.

I also added these Kernel Flags:
-gux_defer_usb2 -gux_no_idle
And they did not seem to affect anything

One suggestion was to modify the Info.plist of the AppleKextExcludeList.kext, however mine does not appear to have an Info.plist inside of the Contents.

If you have any ideas or suggestions that would be awesome. Thanks!

Are you using the latest non beta Award BIOS? And the latest version of MultiBeast for Mavericks? While I haven't checked it a while, the last time I did plug a USB 3 external drive in the rear USB 3 port, USB 3.0 was working. I would not use those "fixes" as they aren't necessary, and I've not heard of anyone using them (at least on this motherboard for either Mountain Lion 10.8.5 or Mavericks).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back