Contribute
Register

Guide for Installing Lion on the 4530s Version 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
@lesgar

Here is the dump from an official Hp Atheros wireless card using the program from rghost.net/2603267

I've given it a .txt entension so it's allowed here but it's the raw file from the atheros_eeprom_tool

Good luck, please let us know if it works, it will help many others.

Edit:- Just tried this myself with another Atheros card I'd got a couple of weeks ago, it doesn't work :( The SUB-SYS ID's etc must be stored somewhere beyond the reach of the atheros_eeprom_tool :(

Attachments

• atheros.txt
    376 bytes · Views: 64
I've also tried this one using USB Flash Drive on my HP PROBOOK 4730s, but the problem is, when getting on the start of the installation,Graphics is Weird, its like 2 times bigger than the screen, I can't even see the right side of the screen big it was stretched.

while trying to get wifi to work, I probably installed the wrong kexts and messed something up.
now whenver I go to system-->preferences-->Networking , the laptop hangs trying to find the network.

Is there anyway to remove the installed kexts and go back to the state I was at when I ran bkribb's hp probook installer ?

Just reinstall bkribb's Installer.

Klorin said:
gnugelhupf said:
Haven't had any system freezes though since I fixed the permissions... fingers crossed!
10.7.1 fits just perfectly between 10.7.0 and 10.7.2 from my PoV - smooth Mission Control (like 10.7.0), but slow to wake from sleep (like 10.7.2)

I have a 4730s as well and have problem with freezes, what do you mean by fixing permissions.. running the diskutility and rep. permissions there or something else?

Yeah, that and running the kext ultility, like it is described in the FAQ to combat gfx glitches!...

Been using it for a week now a few hours each day, and I have not had one freeze yet, and lo and behold, even no gfx glitches!... It's really weird sometimes with Hackintoshes, certain problems seem to fix themselves the longer you use them, I've seen this before with my Lenovo G560 as well! ;-)

gnugelhupf said:
certain problems seem to fix themselves the longer you use them

I agree 100%. I had a very few lines at the beginning back at September, but since then I never saw them for months now.

John V said:
Just reinstall bkribb's Installer.

Nope..still same issue on reinstalling
system hangs on Loading Network message

how to I revert back the kext install ?...do I need to reinstall the whole thing again ? :cry:

i am getting a 4430s and i want to make sure that every thing works on it like WiFi, Bluetooth internal mic. Also to use this guide does the laptop need to have mac all ready installed on it?

Re: Guide for Installing Lion on the HP Probook 4530s Version 3

Dewitts said:
Without my "uk" layout and using the british layout the @ key produces an "
I don't know if this has already been answered but you can use the files on this website, which will allow you to use the british layout properly. I've been using it for my other HP laptop. May be this could be added to the guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back