Contribute
Register

Guide for Installing Lion on the 4530s Version 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
paychi said:
yeah, good news?
Mission control & other laggy apps are working good too?

Yeah.. But that worked before with 10.7, as reported above...

gnugelhupf said:
I just downloaded Chameleon Wizard 3.4.6 and edited the smbios.plist (the one in /Extra). I noticed there was nothing except for the machine in there, no serial, nothing - Is that the smbios.plist that's actually used?
I replaced it with one of the predefined Macbook8,1 plists and also added some info about CPU multiplier+MHz and RAM+MHz (dunno the full RAM credentials (maker, serial etc) just yet, since I don't have Windows installed yet for CPU-Z! ;-)

So far so good. No graphical glitches to be seen so far.. But I will probably meet them again just after i click "submit"! ;-)

I think it starts blank but you can load up the current smbios from the extra folder via chameleon wizard and then it will have the current values.. or that could be the champlist app which basically does the same thing as chameleon wizard

If you've got no intentions of dual booting maybe it's worth trying to install windows in parallells desktop just for the purpose of running cpu-z ? I'm not sure if it would work but maybe worth a try?

As I just had said, the hd 3000 works in SL via a different method, with a GFX string, meaning its not really receiving full support.

On the topic of the SMBIOS, none of that is specific to my system. That is a generic MBP8,1 SMBIOS.

I have that exact one installed and it doesn't cause problems.

I guess you can add RAM if you want, but I don't see any need to, that's purely cosmetic I believe.

And not sure what you meant about how it ignores the plist. It uses the plist, otherwise you wouldn't be able to boot.

Does anyone have used SMCfancontrol? I have 4430s 13 2310m. My fan is not showing.

Just wanted to to say I was able to use the Probook Installer on my 6460b to install the package content for my version of Lion as well as using the dsdt for the 4530s f20 and the i5 2410 cpu setting and all worked perfectly. The 2410 is the lowest model i5 they offer for the 6460b and the guide on here is not meant for it. I now have everything working except sleep,and native wifi. I use an edimax EW-7811Un mini wifi dongle which is not supported by airport. The edimax util works fine.

I have 4530s with radeon and i5 2430. lion 10.7.2
I use latest HP Proobok Installer v3.1.0
BIOS F20
Switchable Graphics = off
And system can't load. Stop with error:
IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87

Boot only with DSDT=no
Frequently system freeze, and I must power off

All time in USB plugged Unify connector from Logitech mouse

I try all possible variants installer options, but all is failed...

Before I setup by previously guide and installer v2.*

Hi again.
I make some fix in DSDT and now want to hard test Video glitch. How can i do it?

My config: HPPB 4530s, i3, HD3000, Radeon 6470m, 8Gb, w/o USB3, w/o Scaner, OSX10.7.2. BIOS F09, Switchable Graphics = on.

In regular tests (CINEBENCH, Youtube HD, Limbo game) all work fine, without any glitch.

tea said:
Hi again.
I make some fix in DSDT and now want to hard test Video glitch. How can i do it?

My config: HPPB 4530s, i3, HD3000, Radeon 6470m, 8Gb, w/o USB3, w/o Scaner, OSX10.7.2. BIOS F09, Switchable Graphics = on.

In regular tests (CINEBENCH, Youtube HD, Limbo game) all work fine, without any glitch.

Tough one, they're usually quite random. I have had a glitch free system for around 15 mins and then plugged in hdmi which caused instant glitches before.
Appears on webpages, about this mac, desktop, finder, I guess maybe just open everything you've got on your computer (not at once) and wait for 1 of them to trigger a glitch

Thank you. I'll test more time and post result.

any ideas about keyboard problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back