Contribute
Register

Guide for Installing Lion on the 4530s Version 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Acc3L said:
everytime i turn on the PC, OS asks me to connect bluetooth keyboard. Any solutions to that?....(
Go to System Preferences/Bluetooth/Advanced and uncheck the proper option

you have an option in bios to that says when your hp is on ac power then the fan will be always on so just uncheck that and it will be off i think :)

any support about mine fn keys and trackpad problem ? :) :p

Are you booting with just the hard drive? No unibeast or rBoot-LE?

im booting from my hard disk, I've got dual boot ( windows and lion 10.7.2 ), and I have 3 problems, i don't know how to turn on my ati radeon graphics on mac its checked in, trackpad isn't recognized and fn keys for brightness don't work so when I'm on my battery i don't see anything , and it isn't recognized as mac book pro or as laptop its recognized as desktop pc -.-! XD I've attached my photos ...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-12-25 at 5.38.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-12-25 at 5.38.04 PM.png
    109.3 KB · Views: 181
  • Screen Shot 2011-12-25 at 5.38.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-12-25 at 5.38.15 PM.png
    174.6 KB · Views: 141
  • Screen Shot 2011-12-25 at 6.15.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-12-25 at 6.15.07 PM.png
    85.2 KB · Views: 137
You are not booting with just the hard drive. You have a unibeast stick in, a rBoot cd in, an iBoot cd in, or are using an unsupported method.

blueking said:
You are not booting with just the hard drive. You have a unibeast stick in, a rBoot cd in, an iBoot cd in, or are using an unsupported method.

dude im not stupid im booting from my hard drive dual booting, instalatio 2.5.11 i think worked for me , those things exept ati worked there so...

Did you install with unibeast?

Or have you run multibeast?

You have changed something or you wouldn't have that SMBIOS.

A little Christmas story for you:

I happen by a lot of thrift stores, pawn shops, etc. for used equipment. Most of the items I purchase are broken (software or hardwarewise), and consequently heavily discounted. A couple of weeks ago, I happened upon a ProBook 4530s (i3 based, 4GB 1333, standard specs we're all familiar with here). "We won't touch it," the pawn shop owner said... "it's shocked three customers and two employees, and the screen flips out."

Perfect situation for a guy like me.

So, $100 later, the little cosmetically perfect yet functionally tragic 4530s was in my possession. I got it home, diagnosed the issue, and, finally, checked the warranty status. Merry Christmas! Nine months of factory warranty remained.

I called HP, and within 72 hours they had turned around the repair. Now, for $100, I had a nice little 4530s with a new system board and no ill side effects. But now... what to do with it? I already had a nice little Windows 7 machine, and an Ubuntu laptop to boot. Then... the second part of the Christmas miracle happened: I found your Install Guide for OS X Lion.

"Franklin", the $100 MacBook Pro equivalent 4530s, was born, and is being used to post this little story.

So, thank you, thank HP, and thank Apple. Keep up the great work and let me know if I can help with 10.7.3.

Thank you very much for this guide, and the installer program. After struggling like crazy for 4 days I managed to get this done, this morning as if it were a Christmas miracle.

It was difficult for me because I had no access to an apple computer and my oem snow leopard disk wouldn't work.

I am going to need to buy a wifi card, if anyone has ever gotten a mini pcie wifi+3g gsm card working in os x it would be cool to know which one, or ill just get the atheros

again thank you very much and merry christmas

blueking I did a reinstall and just have OSX on it and it wakes from sleep. Only thing not working is the webcam. That and the wireless.

The Atheros card does anyone have a link to that on HP's site cause the ones on eBay may take to long to ship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back