Contribute
Register

Guide for Installing Lion on the 4530s Version 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly Massive kudos to Blue, Tony and everyone else involved in the project. Ive been reading around for a little while now and really excited to give it a try.

My Mrs really wants a Macbook, im trying to convince her to let me get a 4530s and Mac it up ;)
Just had a couple of questions:
1)Is there any video tutorials floating around? Your Guide was Great Blue, however it felt a little quick for someone not as tech savvy like myself.

2)Is a mac definitely needed to set it up, or is there a work around? the only person i know with a mac lives a few hours drive away lol.

3) Do you need to install snow leopard then update to lion, or can you jump straight to lion?

Cheers guys, fingers crossed i can convince the Mrs, otherwise i might have to buy one for myself lol

1) haven't seen video guides but guide is pretty easy, I am a noob myself as well. Had two questions along the way but with google by your side or asking here should be easy.
2)as far as I know yes, maybe in vmware on pc? also see viewtopic.php?f=259&t=55467&start=0
3)you can do lion straight away. Check this guide, it only needs lion app, not snow leopard cd.

Update on ProBook 4430s

Config: Core i3 2.2GHz
Seagate 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache Drive - 4K fixed
8 GB RAM - 1 HP, 1 Generic
10.7.3 from 10.7.2 unibeast, then updated, then pro book installer 3.3.0
Everything worked fine initial set up with only 1 HP RAM Stick
No graphics glitches at all
RealTek Wifi is no go, waiting for Atheros card, using LAN (as understood)

Added second RAM stick, then lines in Safari and FaceTime
Installed Fan Control (I am lazy to do the terminal work for the daemons, sorry :) )
Stopped most of the glitches, except once in a while small lines, especially when rolling over the page numbers on this blog.

Sleep seems ok, no bluetooth - that will come with card.

I did a 4530s (prior to fan control discovery) but glitches with 8GB made me sell it - and the bluetooth was a bit of a pain. Both built-in and Rockfish dongles.

But it was a better experience than Asus, Dell (except the old XPS 1330 flew on SL with nvidia graphics) but I gotta have lion for the web stuff.

So back to the pro book, but I wanted a smaller one, so I got the 4430s. I like it a lot better.

Thanks to everyone here for all their time on this. Up and running in 1 hour or less.

Kudos.

From where can i get this Fan Control??

I'm afraid of that Mac does not recognize battery..
iStat in Dashboard still show information about the program is Calculating status of battery. And information about it in System preferences can't load.. Mac gives information about failed when he tryied to load it.

ZEBjO.png

Regards. And happy easter! :)

Which kexts? I am using only HP Installer, so as i mean there are not into the HP Installer?

Update on the 4430s

Got the Atheros card with Bluetooth today. Did not work with original install. Reinstalled Probook installer and still does not see bluetooth. Wifi is fine. Did complete reinstall on different drive and still no bluetooth. Installed Win7 and the HP drivers bluetooth is ok in Windows. Back to the Mac, used Rocketfish bluetooth dongle and this works ok. I saw from an earlier post separate files for bluetooth, and installed those with next utility and repaired permissions - still no bluetooth. There are scripts associated with those manual files. What am I doing wrong? Seems it should be ok if it's working in Windows, has no whitelist problems and Wifi is ok. Do you have to load firmware with every boot?

10.7.3 system with 3.3.0 installer.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Bluetooth dongle doesn't work on USB3 but disk drive does just fine by the way - stranger things...

I noticed something today while reinstalling:

I was on 10.7.3 with 3.3.0 installer and it was a nightmare, system was unresponsive and laggy.

Got back to 10.7.2 and it was the same using 3.3.0 installer BUT when I use 3.1.0 and select 10.7.2, it works like a charm.

Was there any modification between 10.7.2 kexts from 3.1.0 and 10.7.2 kexts from 3.3.0?

blueking said:
Never heard of that BIOS. Upgrade to F0A.

Boot with DSDT=No and extract a DSDT and I can patch it.

Also, you must be doing the BIOS trick wrong for brightness.

And you can't get full boot screen resolution.

blueking: Thanks so much for developing this guide. I tried finding this info by searching the forum, but I couldn't find anything (so sorry if this has already been covered somewhere).

I'm running bios F09 on my probook 4430s and you recommend upgrading to F0A...

Is this the correct bios download?
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...895&swEnvOID=1093&swLang=13&taskId=135&mode=3

I only ask because the HP site doesn't list it directly as corresponding to the 4430s.

Thanks.

today, after the lion awake, i lost the wifi card. after restart, it said no wifi hardware installed. and the wifi light turn yellow. even i push the button, it turn white, but still no luck.... :eek:
any idea???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back