Contribute
Register

Guide for installing Lion on GA-Z77X-UD5H

Status
Not open for further replies.
themacguy said:
rhermes said:
Oh sorry repair permissions but its under the system utilities in multi beast haha and I've got sound working (but only through the green [EDIT it works I thought it was the green but I checked and it was the black rear line out] line out in the back) install the alc8xxhda (non legacy worked and its under the unified device injector) and the applehda rollback and the alc 898 non dsdt had enabler and those three should do it for sound (idk how to get the full 7.1 sound working but I'm fine with this)
For those just starting using this mob, beware, the dsdt gave me a lot of trouble and I've had no problems without it so I just don't use it, anyhow sleep and wake works fine with this chipset

I dont need 7.1 sound, will sleep/wake work without DSDT?
Did you get usb 3.0 working?
Which version of os x are you using?
Can you guide me through which exact options did you choose in multibeast? Because for me, even if I repair permissions, multibeast causes kps.

I got sleep and wake working without the dsdt. It took me awhile to figure out how to though because I originally had a dsdt but (for reasons unknown) it messed up sleep/wake. And as for usb 3.0, the ports for them are working but not sure if its at 3.0 speeds but I don't have any 3.0 devices so ill tackle that if I ever get any. Im using version lion 10.7.4. To get it everything working (and I'm new to building computers so i did about 15-20 fresh installs until I got everything working) Install with unibeast (i used the new version) and then with multi beast choose everything in the picture at the bottom of this reply plus the ssdt for the i5 processor which is under customization-bootoptions (my understanding it is basically that will enable the turboboost of 3.8ghz) Also, not sure if this will effect it but I'm using bios f8 (the newest) but make sure to set the internal graphics size to 480mb. Its in the bios under peripherals towards the bottom. once you've got multi beast to do all of that, reboot with graphicsenabler=no and then install this kext and that should do it.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-07-19 at 10.41.53 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-07-19 at 10.41.53 AM.png
    120.8 KB · Views: 146
  • AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFBInjector.kext.zip
    2.4 KB · Views: 64
rhermes said:
themacguy said:
rhermes said:
Oh sorry repair permissions but its under the system utilities in multi beast haha and I've got sound working (but only through the green [EDIT it works I thought it was the green but I checked and it was the black rear line out] line out in the back) install the alc8xxhda (non legacy worked and its under the unified device injector) and the applehda rollback and the alc 898 non dsdt had enabler and those three should do it for sound (idk how to get the full 7.1 sound working but I'm fine with this)
For those just starting using this mob, beware, the dsdt gave me a lot of trouble and I've had no problems without it so I just don't use it, anyhow sleep and wake works fine with this chipset

Can you guide me through which exact options did you choose in multibeast? Because for me, even if I repair permissions, multibeast causes kps.

I got sleep and wake working without the dsdt. It took me awhile to figure out how to though because I originally had a dsdt but (for reasons unknown) it messed up sleep/wake. And as for usb 3.0, the ports for them are working but not sure if its at 3.0 speeds but I don't have any 3.0 devices so ill tackle that if I ever get any. Im using version lion 10.7.4. To get it everything working (and I'm new to building computers so i did about 15-20 fresh installs until I got everything working) Install with unibeast (i used the new version) and then with multi beast choose everything in the picture at the bottom of this reply plus the ssdt for the i5 processor which is under customization-bootoptions (my understanding it is basically that will enable the turboboost of 3.8ghz) Also, not sure if this will effect it but I'm using bios f8 (the newest) but make sure to set the internal graphics size to 480mb. Its in the bios under peripherals towards the bottom. once you've got multi beast to do all of that, reboot with graphicsenabler=no and then install this kext and that should do it.

Ok, thanks. Trying it out in some time. But I dont have 10.7.4

Ohh okay maybe its the version

Ok, so far, I have all the usb ports working, and the 3.0 ports are working at 3.0 speeds. Proof is that I copied a 5 gb file in about 90 seconds.
I also have both the lan ports working, but I had to use the patched kexts from multibeast.
I bought a vga to dvi converter, but I needed to buy a vga to dvi-d converter, so will get it replaced and then try the graphics.
Currently, I have to boot with GraphicsEnabler=No flag.
I still need to get sound and graphics to work. So can you help me with the audio?

themacguy said:
rhermes said:

Aren't these the same kexts that you had chosen in multibeast? If not, how do I remove the earlier kexts first?

Mac OS X detects all the audio jacks, but none of them are working for me!

Attachments

• screenshotaudio.png
    screenshotaudio.png
    168.4 KB · Views: 134
themacguy said:

Try the second line out right above the digital out and have your speakers plugged into the black "rear" audio port (its in the middle above the green)

rhermes said:
themacguy said:

Try the second line out right above the digital out and have your speakers plugged into the black "rear" audio port (its in the middle above the green)

Thats exactly where I plugged it in. But it still isn't working

themacguy said:
rhermes said:
themacguy said:

Thats exactly where I plugged it in. But it still isn't working

Mhm, then I'm not sure whats a matter (I'm listening to music on mine with the same setup) mum maybe try the patched apple had for 898 in multibeast

Ok. Can you tell me how do I get graphics to work? My current system definition is Mac Pro 3,1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back