Contribute
Register

Guide for Gigabyte H/Z97N-WIFI Using HD4600 or GTX 750 Ti Using Clover (El Capitan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ok so I followed your guide for the BIOS. I am switching out my board from Z77-Ds3h. I am getting this:

IMG_0334.jpg

Do I have to reinstall the OS?

Anyone having any issues installing and getting ethernet? (either side)

It installs fine, but I have no internet

I've tried deleting the interfaces, trashing the prefs, trying both ports...

I just flat out can't get Ethernet on ElCap despite this exact build working fine with Yosemite (I did a clean install)

Also, the ALC892 will never install - Always throws an error... :(

So I figured it out. Its an issue with my Fusion Drive. I can not find any guides regarding Fusion Drive El Capitan using Clover. Any tips?

Ok so I followed your guide for the BIOS. I am switching out my board from Z77-Ds3h. I am getting this:

View attachment 175578

Do I have to reinstall the OS?

hello stork, i follow your post to activated usb3...why not a high speed / super speed name on USB3?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-02-06 at 11.38.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-02-06 at 11.38.11 PM.png
    109.2 KB · Views: 162
  • Screen Shot 2016-02-06 at 11.38.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-02-06 at 11.38.15 PM.png
    136.6 KB · Views: 134
May I ask what version of MultiBeast everyone is using to get Ethernet & Audio working?

I know from my other hacks that sometimes certain version of MultiBeast will have KEXTs that won't work for whatever reason on certain setups and I'm wondering if that's the issue I'm having right now.

May I ask what version of MultiBeast everyone is using to get Ethernet & Audio working?

I know from my other hacks that sometimes certain version of MultiBeast will have KEXTs that won't work for whatever reason on certain setups and I'm wondering if that's the issue I'm having right now.
There have been a several revisions (actually, quite a few) to Ethernet and audio kexts for Skylake builds. There have so many revisions that MultiBeast has not been able to keep up. The current versions the appropriate kexts that are in MultiBeast (current and next version) are in the Downloads > Kexts section.

There have been a several revisions (actually, quite a few) to Ethernet and audio kexts for Skylake builds. There have so many revisions that MultiBeast has not been able to keep up. The current versions the appropriate kexts that are in MultiBeast (current and next version) are in the Downloads > Kexts section.

Wait...I thought this board was Haswell?

(or at least *not* skylake...must be, right? It's not new)

Just can't figure what I'm doing wrong. Been doing Hack's for years (this is like my 6th now) and this exact PC setup was just running Yosemite perfectly (onboard Lan & Audio working). Tried even just copying over and installing the KEXT's for Audio/Lan from the working Yosemite install...still no joy.

I guess a fresh re-install? (again..)
But even then I'm not sure how that would help.

Wait...I thought this board was Haswell?

(or at least *not* skylake...must be, right? It's not new)

Just can't figure what I'm doing wrong. Been doing Hack's for years (this is like my 6th now) and this exact PC setup was just running Yosemite perfectly (onboard Lan & Audio working). Tried even just copying over and installing the KEXT's for Audio/Lan from the working Yosemite install...still no joy.

I guess a fresh re-install? (again..)
But even then I'm not sure how that would help.
You're correct. Sorry, going back and forth caused me to reply with the above.

While the updated Kexts are to support Skylake/Z170 motherboard chipsets, they will also support the previous version of chipsets. You just need to know the chipsets on your motherboard.

Hi Stork,
Thanks for the help with my wifi problem earlier this week, pulling that card was great. Yesterday I made the installation USB using UniBeast and loaded Yosemite using clover. It all worked great and so this morning I installed El Capitan. I ran MultiBeast/KextBeast/etc... I was not able to install the nVidea drivers but I did the update to the confit.plist for the USBs. When I went to do the first restart,

image.jpg

I am now not able to load OS X. I've tried safe mode, single user, w/o caches etc... I've also tried booting into the recovery partition and I can't get anything. I was hoping that you might have a suggestion?
thanks,
David

mobo-ga-h97n-wifi
cpu i3-4370
gpu 750ti

Thank you very much for this guide! I put together my first Hackintosh today using the H97N and a spare i5 4570 and it worked flawless thanks to your instructions (and of course those provided in the general guide for ElCapitan).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back