Contribute
Register

Guide for Gigabyte H/Z97N-WIFI Using HD4600 or GTX 750 Ti Using Clover (El Capitan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Stork. This is a great guide. I saw your guide and decided to follow your great work. I upgraded the board and process from i5 2500k and a z77-DS3H.
I am having a bit of an issue though.

My Specs:

H97n-wifi
i5-4690k
8Gb Ram
Fusion Drive - 1.5TB
500w PSU
iMac Broadcom Wifi/BT card
650ti Boost
SMBIOS - 14,2
Config - Matches yours

My system runs great when using the 4600 HD internal but when I try to use the 650ti, my hackintosh loads to the Apple Logo, shows 2 process bars, then restarts back to the bios. Some times I can get it to boot but then it freezes and restarts. I never had this issue on the previous board.

What are your thoughts?

Good evening. As established in these instructions.
Everything worked except HDMI audio.
What to do? Thank you.

...My system runs great when using the 4600 HD internal but when I try to use the 650ti, my hackintosh loads to the Apple Logo, shows 2 process bars, then restarts back to the bios. Some times I can get it to boot but then it freezes and restarts. I never had this issue on the previous board.

What are your thoughts?
Unfortunately, I don't have a GTX 650 Ti with me to test, so I must refer you to the Graphics forum section > http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/. I know there are several threads that discuss the GTX 650 Ti in the Graphics forum section.

Edit. Just thought of something. You didn't indicate your GTX 650 Ti's make/model # nor the 650 Ti port your connecting to your monitor. VGA won't work, you'll need to use DVI or HDMI.

So it sounds like I"m the only one having any issues with Ethernet/Audio.

What's the recommendation?
Re-Do install I guess?

So it sounds like I"m the only one having any issues with Ethernet/Audio.

What's the recommendation?
Re-Do install I guess?
No, I've not tested Ethernet since the initial installation as I'm using a iMac WiFi/BT card in a PCIe adapter card for network and BT connectivity. I know the latest versions of the Ethernet kexts are located in the Downloads > Kexts forum section. For your Audio problems, make sure your config.plist has the audio patches. Also check the Audio forum section: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/.

Let's know what you did once you get Ethernet and Audio to work. :thumbup:

No, I've not tested Ethernet since the initial installation as I'm using a iMac WiFi/BT card in a PCIe adapter card for network and BT connectivity. I know the latest versions of the Ethernet kexts are located in the Downloads > Kexts forum section. For your Audio problems, make sure your config.plist has the audio patches. Also check the Audio forum section: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/.

Let's know what you did once you get Ethernet and Audio to work. :thumbup:

Are you able to elaborate on Config.plist audio patches?
This exact hardware on Yosemite simply required the correct kext to be installed and nothing about audio in Config.plist

Unfortunately, I don't have a GTX 650 Ti with me to test, so I must refer you to the Graphics forum section > http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/. I know there are several threads that discuss the GTX 650 Ti in the Graphics forum section.

Edit. Just thought of something. You didn't indicate your GTX 650 Ti's make/model # nor the 650 Ti port your connecting to your monitor. VGA won't work, you'll need to use DVI or HDMI.

Sorry Stork. Evga GTX 650 TI Boost, P4-3658-KR
DisplayPort.

Hi Stork,
Thanks for the help with my wifi problem earlier this week, pulling that card was great. Yesterday I made the installation USB using UniBeast and loaded Yosemite using clover. It all worked great and so this morning I installed El Capitan. I ran MultiBeast/KextBeast/etc... I was not able to install the nVidea drivers but I did the update to the confit.plist for the USBs. When I went to do the first restart,

I am now not able to load OS X. I've tried safe mode, single user, w/o caches etc... I've also tried booting into the recovery partition and I can't get anything. I was hoping that you might have a suggestion?
thanks,
David

mobo-ga-h97n-wifi
cpu i3-4370
gpu 750ti

I still haven't gotten any more ideas from reading the list of El Cap issues or looking on other forums. It sounds like if this happened with a 'real' mac that the solution would be to reinstall the OS. Do you think that is my best bet?

Are you able to elaborate on Config.plist audio patches?
This exact hardware on Yosemite simply required the correct kext to be installed and nothing about audio in Config.plist
El Capitan treats audio and USB ports differently which is why MultiBeast has to create and modify the config.plist then we have to add the additional config.plist items to make everything work. My first experience with Clover was with El Capitan. I used Chimera with Yosemite. So, I recommend you look at http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...rect-update-os-x-el-capitan-using-clover.html for a possible solution.

Sorry Stork. Evga GTX 650 TI Boost, P4-3658-KR
DisplayPort.
Hmmmm. Can you connect DVI to DVI with your monitor? If not, you may need to try the nVidia Web drivers. I'm using the DVI on my EVGA GTX 650 Ti in my Thunderball system. I didn't have a grapics problem installing El Capitan on that system. So, your problem might be due to using the DP connection vs. a DVI.

I still haven't gotten any more ideas from reading the list of El Cap issues or looking on other forums. It sounds like if this happened with a 'real' mac that the solution would be to reinstall the OS. Do you think that is my best bet?
Since you haven't updated to the appropriate nVidia web driver, yet, you'll need to boot with "nv_diable=1" boot argument. At the Clover boot screen, select the "gears"; then add the nv_diable=1 to the "boot arg."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back