Contribute
Register

Guide for Gigabyte H/Z97N-WIFI Using HD4600 or GTX 750 Ti Using Clover (El Capitan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope it is a BCM94352HMB which is a supported card. The original card is long gone.

Thanks though.

PS I'm getting ready to do a fresh install per your instructions.

Good luck! :thumbup:
The install went good, thanks for all the help and I hope I wasn't a nuisance.

So here are todays events:

Before I re-installed, I pulled the Wifi + BT card and replace the Wifi card with Atheos AR5BHB92-H card I had and is known to work OOB and it did. I put in a USB BT dongle that is also known to work OOB and did before I messed around with the Wifi+BT card. The USB dongle kept dropping after a few seconds just like the Wifi+BT card.

Clean install based on your instructions made the USB dongle work again. Good news there. To test the BCM94352HMB Wifi+BT card is going to take me some time to test out. I have to install some kexts, mostly the Brcm kexts from RehabMan and do some clover kext patching. It will take awhile, but I'll post back the results.

Thanks again for your help!

Sweet. I am glad it went so well for you. Enjoy your H97N hackintosh. Oh...and you weren't a nuisance. :thumbup:

Sweet. I am glad it went so well for you. Enjoy your H97N hackintosh. Oh...and you weren't a nuisance. :thumbup:
I committed a full re-install based on your instructions to my SSD today and everything appears to be good with the BCM94352HMB Wifi+BT. Wifi works well it seems, BT works and doesn't disconnect, but man the range sucks. If I move my head or walk away more than 3 feet is cuts out. I'll have to ask someone like RehabMan for guidance. Maybe that's the best I will get, dunno.

One thing I will ask you... If you launch DVD player, do you get this message?

Screen Shot 2016-07-10 at 3.32.44 PM.png

This was working before.

Thanks again for your help.

Bob

Unfortunately, I'll have to defer to those who have the WiFi/BT card as I don't have a range problem with my iMac WiFi/BT card.

I don't have a optical drive in Hector, so I'm unable to help you.

Unfortunately, I'll have to defer to those who have the WiFi/BT card as I don't have a range problem with my iMac WiFi/BT card.

I don't have a optical drive in Hector, so I'm unable to help you.
Ok, I'm going to stop messing around with the BCM94352HMB and buy what you have. Thanks again Stork for your help and good instructions.

Good Luck! :thumbup: I'm sure you will not regret the extra cost.

Stork, I've had my machines up and running for a while. I've upgraded to 10.11.6. All seems good, with one exception. I use a bluetooth dongle to get a bluetooth mouse and keyboard working. Pairs fine. Every so often, they stop working and I have to swap to usb... and, even then, it's kind of sketchy. Wether I'm using bluetooth or usb, sometimes my keyboard and mouse stop responding. I have to swap back and forth with various usb ports to get them to respond again.

Does this have to do with El Capitan and USB injection? Do I need to create a custom SSDT for my board using the guides by Rehabman and ammulder? If so, would this mess up the install method I used (your guide)?

Make sure your BT USB dongle is in the stack with the PS/2 port. I've not had this problem and I've used bot the BT and USB keyboard and mouse on the system for days at a time without a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back