Contribute
Register

[Guide] Enabling ATI Radeon HD 5450

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 241210 hi guys, i recently install macOS Sierra on my ild PC
HD 5450 2gb
everything is good but when i go to about this mac i see graphic is : display 5mb ( somtimes it HD 5450 5mb )
and as you see guys my language soo bad so i dont understand what i should to do in clover..
i hope you guys help me

Follow the guide. Either use Clover's FakeID injection or use a DSDT.

On a separate build, I have the Power Color 5450 2GB version of this card. The fake id technique works well for 10.12.3 Sierra; however, display does not wake from sleep. Is a fix for this hopeless in 10.12.3? Any suggestions?

First time poster here... I am using the XFX HD5450 and thanks to this guide, everything was running smoothly for me for several months. Recently however I am experiencing what I can only describe as a "stutter" which is only noticeable when moving the mouse. Every few seconds the mouse will pause for a second or so and then jump to where I moved it. I know this is an issue with my graphics because it doesn't matter if I use a wired or wireless mouse and it doesn't happen in VESA mode but does when graphics acceleration is functioning.

I used the Clover injection method and modded kexts to enable the HD5450. Running El Capitan 10.11.6.

Hardware:
Dell Inspiron 518
Intel Pentium Dual Core E2180 @ 2.0GHz
4GB RAM

Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas on how to fix the problem besides purchasing a different graphics card?

ATI 5450 is broken in Sierra. Unless you inject using a DSDT.

I have HD5450 1GB. and I have been using this method with sierra 10.12.3.
BUT when i upgraded to 10.12.4 i got an issue with colors, it keeps blinking between colors in the image below and normal colors.

Attachments

• IMG_20170403_154359.jpg
    IMG_20170403_154359.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 207
BUT when i upgraded to 10.12.4 i got an issue with colors, it keeps blinking between colors in the image below and normal colors.

Ive not tested the ATI 5450. Not updated none of my machines.

Hello!

Install SwitchResX, go to the menu bar on the top and choose "Millions of colors" after that..... the problem will disappear!! :)

G

Sapphire & Gigabyte works fine. Not sure about ASUS haven't tested ASUS versions. XFX versions has issues with the Frame Buffer in OS X so id recommend staying away from XFX. VGA isn't supported in OS X.
VGA working fine for me on this card

Has anyone gotten acceleration going on 10.12 sierra?

Has anyone gotten acceleration going on 10.12 sierra?
I HAVE MSI Radeon HD 5450 1 GB (0X68F9) and i got acceleration working for Sierra 10.12,check my post on page 45.

I have a Gigabyte Radeon HD5450 with 1024MB and have spent two days trying to figure it out. I've got to the stage where it's booting fine and System Info shows it as the right card, but with 3MB and a 17.8" display at 1024*768. I'm using DVI-I on a Dell 3007WFPHC (2560*1600). The card drives the right resolution on Windows 10. The OS is 10.12.4. I've uploaded my config.plist and ioreg files. Please help!

EDIT
I uploaded my origin file too. I'm really struggling to understand how to edit dsdt files. I'm using Clover to inject at the moment.

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.9 KB · Views: 219
  • cams_iMac.ioreg
    13.8 MB · Views: 117
  • origin.zip
    58.6 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
don't work after update to 10.12.4 :cry:
please help me what can I do for working again on this update ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back