Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Skylake H170N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this build updated by just using the App store updates?

Just made this build, using almost the same hardware, but NVME ssd as boot drive (installed straight to it). Installed Sierra to it (cause I can't download El Capitan and that's cool cause as I understand hackintosh nvme support only works on Sierra). Looks like for now what I tested is working except audio jack, but I got hdmi audio working using patch from github and now I'm waiting for Broadcom adapter to arrive in upcoming days.
UPDATE: DVI is not working, not that I need it, but going to look for a way to fix it

UPDATE2: Just got broadcom chip, installed, bluetooth worked, wifi not, found out that Sieera needs different patches for this chip to work fully, installed them, everything seems to work now, even handoff and airdrop with iOS. But... sound stopped working, trying to fix it broke my config.plist using Clover Configurator (why the f this thing deletes all your patches if you make some changes using it?). So advice to new builders, backup up your config.plist every time you do something. Good thing that I had backup config on EFI partition, I just used Installer to use Terminal, and deleted broken config.plist and replaced with working one. Trying to fix audio now.

UPDATE3: Don't know if what I'm writing is gonna help anyone, but I was looking for information, maybe someone will find help in my post. If you need to have full sound work in Sierra, than AppleALC+Lilu is the way to go. I spend whole day on audio_CloverALC script to get it working, only to have HDMI audio working with audio_CloverHDMI script. Nothing more.
Than I found out about AppleALC, installed it, deleted all audio patches made by hand in config.plist, and also delete FakePCIID.kext (it's not gonna break wifi and bluetooth) and realtekALC.kext from kexts folders like Library/Extensions and EFI/EFI/Clover/kexts/
Boom and it's fully working, mic, green jack, audio over HD530! Right now only thing in the system that's not working is DVI (and that second Ethernet port of course).

Attachments

• Снимок экрана 2017-04-27 в 3.14.21.png
    Снимок экрана 2017-04-27 в 3.14.21.png
    101.1 KB · Views: 207
  • Снимок экрана 2017-04-27 в 3.15.05.png
    Снимок экрана 2017-04-27 в 3.15.05.png
    53.9 KB · Views: 222
  • Снимок экрана 2017-04-27 в 3.15.54.png
    Снимок экрана 2017-04-27 в 3.15.54.png
    672 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
Updated Bios to the latest version today. THIS WILL RESET TH BIOS SETTINGS TO DEFAULT VALUES!!!!
Do not panic! Just set them back then save and restart and all will be good.

Hi guys,

I cant get audio working i already tried some stuff, anyone has an working tuturial?

Hi guys,

I cant get audio working i already tried some stuff, anyone has an working tuturial?

Are you trying through HDMI or motherboard sound?

But there isnt a way to get the internal audio working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back