Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Skylake H170N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
can I use a gtx 1060 for windows 10 and the integrated graphics on el capitan? if so are there any other extra steps needed in addition to the ones mentioned in the guide? should I use two hard drives or just one? i'm very new to this and have been contemplating this build for a long time afraid to pull the trigger. any help will be greatly appreciated

I'm a novice at this, so please bear with me. Of course I'm very grateful for this guide and all valuable contributions of the members to this forum.

Before posting, I have done quite some searching and I hope I have not overlooked an obvious solution.

I'm trying to get El Capitan running on a H170N-WIFI motherboard with a i7 6700K CPU. I managed to install OSX and also installed drivers for my GTX750, so far so good. I'm running into problems with (I think ?) a 'conflict' between USB/WIFI/Bluetooth. I have picked up a suggested Broadcom card from Ebay. I followed all the steps as described in the guide. Both (wired) keyboard and mouse seem to work fine. I have a greyed out WiFi icon in the menu bar. When I try to turn on WiFi, the systems hangs. The same is the case when I try to have a look in the System Report (for e.g. a Bluetooth device)

I'm kinda stuck right now, so any and all pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot!

Edit: I just did a new (fresh) install. Don't know what I did differently, but now I can see the BT device (under USB in System Report). I cannot connect my Trackpad or Keyboard (yet?). But surprisingly, I have no WiFi this time. GTX750 works fine and so far no more random panics. Still some troubleshooting to do. But that's another day's work (midnight over here).

Edit 2: BT is working properly. But still no WiFi.

Last edited:
Hey Guys...long time no see you

I've built an hackintosh (see my picture) and remember installed El Capitan....the only bug was WHEN I send the computer to Sleep at the moment of wake up the Video Signal doesnt work.....seems like a problem with the Intel processors

6 months have passed....somebody found a solution to that?
it's worth to update to Sierra?

Let me know, please
Thanks!

Hey Guys...long time no see you

I've built an hackintosh (see my picture) and remember installed El Capitan....the only bug was WHEN I send the computer to Sleep at the moment of wake up the Video Signal doesnt work.....seems like a problem with the Intel processors

6 months have passed....somebody found a solution to that?
it's worth to update to Sierra?

Let me know, please
Thanks!

What are you using for display output?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back