Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Skylake H170N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worked like a charm. Thanks.

Did take my slow mind a while to figure out how to disable the System Integrity Protection (SIP), but I eventually figured it out.

Thanks again.

Did you just run the app and it worked? I was reading the solution for the dual monitors and I was trying to figure out if you need to disable SIP then run the app, or does the app do an all-in-one fix?

El Capitan on the GA-H170N-WIFI
This guide assumes you are installing from scratch.

View attachment 162616

My Configuration
  • BIOS F4c (initially tested with F3)
  • Core i7-6700
  • 2x 8 GB DDR4-2133
  • Either integrated HD530 graphics (with OS X 10.11.4 or higher) or GeForce GT 730/740/960
  • Either Kingston HyperX Predator m.2 PCIe x4 SSD or Samsung 850 Evo m.2 SATA SSD
  • Dell DW1560 (BCM94352Z chip) m.2 WiFi/Bluetooth card (replacing the Intel wireless card it shipped with)

You should now be able to boot to both Windows and OS X!

Awesome guide. I got my hackintosh up and running using this hardware setup.
One suggestion i can give that helped me is to have two monitors (or one with hdmi and dvi) and use the dvi slot and hdmi from the motherboard. I had issues where it was switching back and forth during install leading me to think something was broke. Took me way to long to realise it only wanted to use the HDMI once booted into the OS.

Did you just run the app and it worked? I was reading the solution for the dual monitors and I was trying to figure out if you need to disable SIP then run the app, or does the app do an all-in-one fix?
No, it is not an all in one. You do need to disable SIP. The way most tell you to disable it is going into the recovery partition and doing some hocus pocus... Much easier to go into you config file that you are very familiar with by now. Find the section in the code that is the following:

<key>RtVariables</key>
<dict>
<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
<string>0x3</string>
<key>BooterConfig</key>
<string>0x28</string>

To disable or enable SIP add the settings to your config.plist.

Clover Configurator > Rt Variables > BooterConfig and CsrActiveConfig

Relevant user options for SIP are as follows:
csr-active-config 0x0 = SIP Enabled (Default)
csr-active-config 0x3 = SIP Partially Disabled (Loads unsigned kexts)
csr-active-config 0x67 = SIP Disabled completely

You need to completely disable by changing to 0x67. Then run the app. After you can change back to 0x3. Clear?

No, it is not an all in one. You do need to disable SIP. The way most tell you to disable it is going into the recovery partition and doing some hocus pocus... Much easier to go into you config file that you are very familiar with by now. Find the section in the code that is the following:

<key>RtVariables</key>
<dict>
<string>0x3</string>
<key>BooterConfig</key>
<string>0x28</string>

To disable or enable SIP add the settings to your config.plist.

Clover Configurator > Rt Variables > BooterConfig and CsrActiveConfig

Relevant user options for SIP are as follows:
csr-active-config 0x0 = SIP Enabled (Default)
csr-active-config 0x3 = SIP Partially Disabled (Loads unsigned kexts)
csr-active-config 0x67 = SIP Disabled completely

You need to completely disable by changing to 0x67. Then run the app. After you can change back to 0x3. Clear?

Ok, just repeating so I make sure it's clear for me...

open config file>Find string of code:
<key>RtVariables</key>
<dict>
<string>0x3</string>
<key>BooterConfig</key>
<string>0x28</string>

To disable SIP change to
<key>RtVariables</key>
<dict>
<string>0x67</string>
<key>BooterConfig</key>
<string>0x28</string>

Run App

Change value back

<key>RtVariables</key>
<dict>
<string>0x3</string>
<key>BooterConfig</key>
<string>0x28</string>

Only part I got confused is when you wrote "Clover Configurator > Rt Variables > BooterConfig and CsrActiveConfig"
I know what this means, but am I actually editing the config file directly (with text editor) or opening Clover Config and doing the edits there?

Thanks for the super quick response. I'm new to all this and literally just got the OS up and running yesterday.

Ok, just repeating so I make sure it's clear for me...

open config file>Find string of code:
<key>RtVariables</key>
<dict>
<string>0x3</string>
<key>BooterConfig</key>
<string>0x28</string>

To disable SIP change to
<key>RtVariables</key>
<dict>
<string>0x67</string>
<key>BooterConfig</key>
<string>0x28</string>

Run App

Change value back

<key>RtVariables</key>
<dict>
<string>0x3</string>
<key>BooterConfig</key>
<string>0x28</string>

Only part I got confused is when you wrote "Clover Configurator > Rt Variables > BooterConfig and CsrActiveConfig"
I know what this means, but am I actually editing the config file directly (with text editor) or opening Clover Config and doing the edits there?

Thanks for the super quick response. I'm new to all this and literally just got the OS up and running yesterday.
You got it right. Just reboot once you make the change to disable. Then run it. Change back to enable, then reboot again. Note the one issue i have is that only one monitor can be attached at startup. Right after start up, I can plug the 2nd monitor in. Not sure there is anyway around that.

You got it right. Just reboot once you make the change to disable. Then run it. Change back to enable, then reboot again. Note the one issue i have is that only one monitor can be attached at startup. Right after start up, I can plug the 2nd monitor in. Not sure there is anyway around that.

Great, thanks. Maybe keep 2nd monitor installed to motherboard. Then install a power cable switch on the monitor so there is no power to is while booting then afterwards just power it up? http://a.co/j7KVoac maybe a switch like this?

Hi,

I try to install el capitan but after step 24 of the Post-Installation Configuration the reboot part I got the Prohibitory symbol so that means your Mac couldn't find a valid System Folder to start up from.

19. Go to the Boot screen on the left. Enter your system drive name (e.g. "Macintosh HD" or whatever you named it) under Default Boot Volume.

I did this step and change it from MacSSD to my driver name.

How can I fix this?

Regards,

It worked. Now getting dual screen!!!!!!!

Hi,

I try to install el capitan but after step 24 of the Post-Installation Configuration the reboot part I got the Prohibitory symbol so that means your Mac couldn't find a valid System Folder to start up from.

19. Go to the Boot screen on the left. Enter your system drive name (e.g. "Macintosh HD" or whatever you named it) under Default Boot Volume.

I did this step and change it from MacSSD to my driver name.

How can I fix this?

Regards,

Do you get the clover screen? Does it show your SSD as "Boot OSX from drivename" ?

Hi people, i"m kinda new here, i have a question:
could i install Hackintosh on a drive, if i had a windows 8.1 on it, but i fully erased the partition with acronis disk director 12.

Cheers from Ukraine !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back