Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Skylake H170N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I just put in "unknown". Worked fine.

FYI, if you are doing a fresh install I would recommend modifying the default config.plist file in the first post to be a iMac14,2 otherwise you will have issues when you go to upgrade to sierra. its a lot easier to just pick the new machine definition now rather than monkey around later with it, thats for sure!

Then thing is that this is a guide for El Capitan not Sierra.

Getting back into hackintoshes and want something very stable, I posted on the build advice and was recommended to this build. I really want some good stability (vs what I experienced 7+ years ago with my first few machines). I'm totally fine with locking in with El Capitan for years to come.

I would like to insure that the graphics card I order will work seamlessly with this build. Do all GT 740 that are listed on the Buyer's Guide pages work well? Or should I be specifically looking at a particular one?

Also, don't quite need the power of an i7, and would like a quieter build (lower heat, thus lower fan noise). I assume this is fine, i.e., same question as above, will all the i5 or even i3 listed on Buyer's Guide work well with this build?

All other components I plan on using this guides items to the letter.

Guys, I bought a similar desktop, but my main diference is that I'm using 1x16gb because my mobo only have 2 slots.

What am I supposed to do in the Clover configurator? put 2x8gb?
I used that, but i keep getting the prohibitive sign. The OS only boots on the 4th or 5th try, and I keep getting memory allocation errors when booting.
Do you guys think that the errors are caused because i'm using 1x16gb?

Hi Folks,

i have a Dell DW1560 card and unfortunately the BT has stopped working this week although WiFi is working fine. I've tried to check if the kext loaded or not and i think it didn't because i can't see words like 'brcm' of 'blue' in kextstat. Could you please give me some advice how should i start to look up the problems source.

update: I placed the BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and BrcmFirmwareData.kext in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11 folder. i think now at least the kexts are loaded, but it isn't working and i can't see in the sys info either.

48 0 0xffffff7f81ad9000 0x6c2000 0x6c2000 com.apple.driver.AirPort.Brcm4360 (1040.1.1a6) 63FC7DD0-FC8B-3AB2-940C-E839E0701139 <47 46 45 42 12 7 6 5 4 3 1>
59 1 0xffffff7f80df2000 0xc3000 0xc3000 com.apple.iokit.IOBluetoothFamily (4.4.6f1) 9B3C8089-B7BD-32F6-AC84-18501E3A5B1C <16 7 5 4 3 1>

Last edited:
try to do this,shutdown your system,unplug power supply cable from your home outlet and wait like 10 minutes,then turn on your system and see if bluetooth is working again.

try to do this,shutdown your system,unplug power supply cable from your home outlet and wait like 10 minutes,then turn on your system and see if bluetooth is working again.
Thanks for tip, it is working now. Unbelievable that a simple power off solved this issue. :)

Hello, the guide is very good but what if we don't have a mac or a hackintosh system? How can we prepare a
Bootable USB Drive Installer?

Thanks for tip, it is working now. Unbelievable that a simple power off solved this issue. :)
cool it works,you know this issue happen to me 1 time,this ihow i found out to fix the bluetoorh issue,one day the bluetooth stop working,i tried everything to make the bluetooth to work again,i said well i dont know what its going on with the bluetooth on this system so i tell to myself im going to clean the dust from the heatsink,so i took out the hackintosh to the backyard after i clean up my hackintosh i turn on my system and bluetooth was working again:headbang:

Hello, the guide is very good but what if we don't have a mac or a hackintosh system? How can we prepare a
Bootable USB Drive Installer?

easy..find a with friend a mac if you dont have a friend with a mac well there nothing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back