Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Skylake H170N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shutdown leading to involuntary restart....

Perhaps someone can help. When i shutdown the machine (a H170N-wifi built using this guide) it almost invariably shuts down and after about 4-5 seconds boots back up again. I'm typically using a bluetooth keyboard and it seems that with a wired USB keyboard, then the shutdown works occasionally but I'd say less than 50% of the time.

Does anyone else have this problem and are there any suggestions to fix it..?
I've only found notes for other boards to turn of Wake-on-Lan in BIOS but that didn't help...

Open Clover Configurator
Under ACPI
Check FixShutdown

Worked like a charm.
Thanks !

For users who are having trouble with sleep, I find disabling wifi prior works.

A couple of Questions for config.plist:

1.) EFI/Clover - What goes here? I am using HD530, and Nvidia GeForce 960. Currently I have placed HD530 config.plist here, as I assume this is for what I want to use just at start up?

2.) Post Installation folder, config.plist -
What config.plist goes here? I have both zips ready in here just in case.

3.) Post installation Folder on USB Drive - Where do I put this folder? Currently I have it on the EFI partition of USB. One folder showing EFI, the other showing 'postinstallation'

mine shown up with a black screen that say Boot:Boot/ and i have no idea how to fix it

I think you mean the DW1560. I had issues too until I applied the kext patches listed in my post here:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/g...kylake-h170n-wifi.178197/page-31#post-1234401

This will enable full WIFI 5GHz AC speed and Bluetooth functionality.

Hi Adam, I don't want to mess anything up, so I want to clarify. I followed the guide here to a tee...which I thought already included the kexts patches. Can you provide me some clear step-by-step instructions on what needs to be done? Thanks and sorry to be such a noob.

Just updated to 10.11.5 with no problems.

Hello , would thi guide work for
Gigabyte GA-Z170N-Gaming 5 mobo ? Thank you

I just installed the Broadcom Wifi/Bluetooth chip. While the Wifi works and a bluetooth device is detected, it does not see any bluetooth devices. Any idea what I can do? System Information do seem correct to me?

Okay, forget it - sorry! I didn't attach the antenna in the first place. Since Wifi worked without I just assumed it bluetooth should do so, too. However, I read somewhere else that some adapter require the antenna for bluetooth as it seems to be the case here. Maybe this is helpful for someone anyway so I leave the post here as it is.

Attachments

• bluetooth.png
    bluetooth.png
    347.2 KB · Views: 475
  • usb.png
    usb.png
    307.5 KB · Views: 439
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back