Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Skylake H170N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't needed to do this, but I am curious about one thing though. Does adding the below script, enable sound when using integrated graphics?

I am using integrated graphics and have no problem with audio without adding that.

Well, are you getting hdmi audio? In that case, I would like to know what you are doing different.
I am using integrated graphics and have no problem with audio without adding that.

So, I am fairly new to this so I may not be the best person to ask. But I am not sure that RAID is supported.

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply and suggest something.

I did try both RAID and Un-RAID setups and the same problem persists... none of the drives are visible once I get into the Disk Utility screen after Clover Boot. They are however all visible to Clover prior to me selecting 'External' and proceeding with the installation instructions per this guide.

Seems pretty clear that something is missing (device drivers) that permit the OS X install to actually see the drives (any of them) in RAID or not. I have built 100's of machines over the years, but this is my first Hackintosh attempt so I am positive I am doing something stupid, but can't for the life of me figure it out.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply and make a suggestion!

-Argyll

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply and suggest something.

I did try both RAID and Un-RAID setups and the same problem persists... none of the drives are visible once I get into the Disk Utility screen after Clover Boot. They are however all visible to Clover prior to me selecting 'External' and proceeding with the installation instructions per this guide.

Seems pretty clear that something is missing (device drivers) that permit the OS X install to actually see the drives (any of them) in RAID or not. I have built 100's of machines over the years, but this is my first Hackintosh attempt so I am positive I am doing something stupid, but can't for the life of me figure it out.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply and make a suggestion!

-Argyll

I wish I could help more. The only other suggestion I have is this #803

• Set the Size and Frequency for each of the two memory entries to match your installed RAM. If you know the vendor, part, and serial for your memory you can edit those fields too (if not, just leave them as is). Leave the two memory entries set for slots 0 and 2 and the slot count set for 4 even though the board only has two slots (Clover wants to see slots 0 and 2 configured to treat the memory as dual-channel).
I discovered that the Vendor, Part and Serial are not optional. If you're not sure, then input "Unknown" to the 3 textboxes, just don't leave any boxes empty.

Last edited:
Then I saved the changes to config.plist. I closed then opened the config.plist again, but the memory entries gone!!!

First of all your Serial is NOT OK. Please generate a new one!

Check where you are saving config.plist (is it definitely your boot disk EFI?)

Last edited:
I think you have to specify a vendor.

Actually i got my system working with this Guide. But I got a problem with sleep/wake. I can put the machine to sleep but if I try to wake the system up it's starting and goes back to sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back