Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Skylake H170N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those seem completely random, plus you said it happens when booting from the USB too? It seems like maybe a hardware problem? I'd try reseating memory and expansion cards and stuff.

Ok, I've tried unplugging different parts of the computer (graphics, hdd, and wifi card) and now I can barely get a panic log while booting in verbose before it freezes. Not sure how to reset memory and that sort of thing. I did delete unnecessary boot options, but thats a different issue. Do I need to wipe my ssd and memory and start fresh?

With the memory I meant, take it out and put it back in again in case it's not making a good electrical connection. Maybe try it in different slots if you're not using all your memory slots. It's a long shot, but I'm not sure what else would cause this kind of panic in different places on different boot attempts.

I am using the IntelMausiEthernet Kext and it all of a sudden stop working.

What ethernet kext do you recommend?

Screen Shot 2016-02-27 at 12.39.06 PM.png

Very strange. It is showing up as registered on the machine. I checked the cable and it has no issues. I tired both ports and still nothing.

Thoughts?

I have had a problem on the order of once a month where the IntelMausiEthernet driver freaks out and either reports the cable connected but no IP address, or constantly toggles the hardware state between cable connected and cable not connected even though it's in there the whole time. A reboot fixes it.

At some point I will try the AppleIntelE1000e driver instead, I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But if you have trouble with the Mausi driver I would try that change.

Note that either of those will only work for one of the ports on this board; the other port has a different controller chip that you need the AppleIGB driver for and as far as I know that's still in a way more buggy state.

I have had a problem on the order of once a month where the IntelMausiEthernet driver freaks out and either reports the cable connected but no IP address, or constantly toggles the hardware state between cable connected and cable not connected even though it's in there the whole time. A reboot fixes it.

At some point I will try the AppleIntelE1000e driver instead, I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But if you have trouble with the Mausi driver I would try that change.

Note that either of those will only work for one of the ports on this board; the other port has a different controller chip that you need the AppleIGB driver for and as far as I know that's still in a way more buggy state.

I tried a reboot and still nothing. I have both installed into Library/Extensions. Is that the right place?

I removed Network preferences plists and its working now. I got both ETNs to work.

Hi Ammulder,
another question for you. I did the install of El capitan using your guide. Concerning the nvidia video driver El Capitan uses only the default one. When I choose the proper nvidia driver, the system asks to me to reboot. When I reboot the PC the video driver is still set to default...
Another question is about the volume bar on the desktop. My pc is plugged in with the monitor via HDMI.
I can't use the volume bar to increase or decrease the volume. It's completely gray and unusable. I opened the audio system panel, but nothing, it's impossible to fix it. How can I resolve it? Thank you.

Do you think these parts would be compatible for a possible hackintosh build?

Mobo- Gigabyte H170 GA-H170N

Cpu- i3 6100

Gpu- Evga GT 740 4gb ddr3

Ram- Kingston 2x4 2133MHz

HDD- WD Blue 1tb

Case- Antec ISK 300-150

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back