CPU
Intel Core i3-6100
Graphics
PNY GTX 960 Reference
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Did a standard install of Clover (latest one posted here in downloads) on the SSD after first boot to get it bootable. Gotta have APFS.efi in EFI as well. I’ll post my EFI for this build when I get a chance this afternoon.

Motherboard
Gigabyte H-170
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
Great news thank you for replying, can you please tell me how you made your HDD bootable, what kexts did you use, I installed mojave but couldn't boot from HDD :(
Did a standard install of Clover (latest one posted here in downloads) on the SSD after first boot to get it bootable. Gotta have APFS.efi in EFI as well. I’ll post my EFI for this build when I get a chance this afternoon.
Would like to know this as-well. Tried following the install on this page https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/update-directly-to-macos-mojave.260654/ and when rebooting and selecting the install OS in Clover I'm left with a black screen. Same thing happens if I try to boot into my system drive.

Motherboard
GA-H170N-WiFi
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Would like to know this as-well. Tried following the install on this page https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/update-directly-to-macos-mojave.260654/ and when rebooting and selecting the install OS in Clover I'm left with a black screen. Same thing happens if I try to boot into my system drive.

I experienced the same thing when attempting an upgrade. I ended up doing a clean install (which has benefits) and everything wen't quite well. Took me a while to remind myself how the process goes, and figure out which elements from this guide are still required or not. In the end I required no manual config.plist edits and minimal clover work. Most of the fixes are now part of the various kext downloads.

Motherboard
Gigabyte H-170
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
I experienced the same thing when attempting an upgrade. I ended up doing a clean install (which has benefits) and everything wen't quite well. Took me a while to remind myself how the process goes, and figure out which elements from this guide are still required or not. In the end I required no manual config.plist edits and minimal clover work. Most of the fixes are now part of the various kext downloads.
I'm deciding to do the same thing. Something wonky is happening on my end.. Boot into clover and select my USB, Apple logo & progress bar. About halfway thru my screen just shuts off.

Motherboard
GA-H170N-WiFi
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
I'm deciding to do the same thing. Something wonky is happening on my end.. Boot into clover and select my USB, Apple logo & progress bar. About halfway thru my screen just shuts off.
Not sure where you are at with your clean install, but if your struggling with just getting going, here is some feedback...

My installer USB thumb drive is USB 3.0. For some reason the install refused to go beyond the Clover boot. This never happened before.. I read something about USB issues with Mojave so I tried using my USB thumb via my USB 2.0 hub, and the installer worked as expected. Strange but true! I had no other issues after that and Mojave is fully functional.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte H-170
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
Not sure where you are at with your clean install, but if your struggling with just getting going, here is some feedback...

My installer USB thumb drive is USB 3.0. For some reason the install refused to go beyond the Clover boot. This never happened before.. I read something about USB issues with Mojave so I tried using my USB thumb via my USB 2.0 hub, and the installer worked as expected. Strange but true! I had no other issues after that and Mojave is fully function.
I am using a different USB stick than when I originally set it up using the guide on the first page, but it is a 2.0 stick. I'll give it a shot using my other stick.

Did you happen to make any changes to the BIOS or anything like that? Mine is running F4

Motherboard
GA-H170N-WiFi
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
I am using a different USB stick than when I originally set it up using the guide on the first page, but it is a 2.0 stick. I'll give it a shot using my other stick.

Did you happen to make any changes to the BIOS or anything like that? Mine is running F4
I updated to BIOS version F22e months ago. Primarily because it mitigates against Spectre and Meltdown. It also helps avoid 'https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-remove-extra-clover-bios-boot-entries-prevent-further-problems.175274/' and supports 7th gen CPU's.

Motherboard
Gigabyte H-170
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
This is a head scratcher. Updated my bios to the f22e, double checked to make sure settings in the first post stuck, and corrected them if they didn't.

Remade my USB stick using UniBeast 9.x, dumped the USBInject into 10.10, 10.11, & 10.14 & swapped the config.plist.

Booted into clover, selected the Install Mojave. The progress bar gets to maybe 50/60% and just hangs. If it's moving, I can't tell.

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkStation p300 ⌘
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Remade my USB stick using UniBeast 9.x, dumped the USBInject into 10.10, 10.11, & 10.14
Put any kexts essential to the boot process into /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other only.
Delete all of the /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.* folders leaving only /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other.

Motherboard
GA-H170N-WiFi
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
This is a head scratcher. Updated my bios to the f22e, double checked to make sure settings in the first post stuck, and corrected them if they didn't.

Remade my USB stick using UniBeast 9.x, dumped the USBInject into 10.10, 10.11, & 10.14 & swapped the config.plist.

Booted into clover, selected the Install Mojave. The progress bar gets to maybe 50/60% and just hangs. If it's moving, I can't tell.
Put all required kexts in the “other” folder...