Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Skylake Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey ammulder, et al,

A couple questions:

- I'm interested in this build for a HTPC. I currently have a GA z97N-wifi system that works OK, but is hobbled by the HDMI hot swap crash that I understand plagues intel4600 configurations... (thus I use a DVI to HDMI adapter to avoid this on my current system). Does Intel530 have the same HDMI crash on hot swap? Would using the displayport to HDMI adaptor work?

Also, do the newest versions of UB and MB simplify the install process, or should I follow the OP guide to the letter?

Last edited:
Hi,

I installed everything well, and almost everything is working great, except that the bluetooth is totally missing (even in system preferences), I tried to install the 2 right kexts from rehabman in different ways (in S/L/E, L/E, Kexts/other), still nothing at all, so I don't understand why it's not there.

The only other issue is the sleep/wake thing.

If someone know how to fix that bluetooth stuff, that'd be great.

----
Fatal1ty z170 gaming-ITX/ac | i7 6700 | HD530

So Ive got nearly same build except I'm using the as rock z170 itx/ac mobo. I ran into issues with boot and had to add usb ownership to get it to boot. Ive got the intel 530 showing the correct amount of shared memory, but still with the menu bar glitches, and Ive got ethernet working as well.

The only thing I can't seem to get working on this board is sound, Ive followed the steps and tried a few of the other drivers with no luck. Anyone with this board able to give a hand?

Has anyone gotten 4K at 60Hz to work??

Hello Nuxxie and all,
Do you have a link to a safe image of El Capitan that I can download? The app store will not let me download it and I have found several sites that seem to have the file but they look shady....
Thanks!
Have you gotten 4K at 60 Hz to work?

I believe the graphics glitches can be considered 'fixed' on Sierra: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/skylake-intel-hd-530-graphics-glitch-fix.206410/

How is wireless and sound compatibility?
ok sorry i did not respond but i guess i just did not see your post.

so i did literally everything!
*i installed the right drivers from multibeast (1150)
*i used the .command audio fix thingy.

i just cant figure it out!!! still no sound! i dont even think my motherboard has bluetooth if thats what you mean by wireless sound.

EDIT:
ok sorry i did not respond but i guess i just did not see your post.

so i did literally everything!
*i installed the right drivers from multibeast (1150)
*i used the .command audio fix thingy.

i just cant figure it out!!! still no sound! i dont even think my motherboard has wifi.

Has anyone made progress on the sleep/wake issue with this motherboard?

Hello fellow hackers,
Iam fairly new to hackintosh and thanks to this guide I managed today to finish my first build. I would like to thank all the guys in this forum who post stuff and help people like me (noob) to get their systems up and running but especially ammulder with this guide which is totally amazing. During installation I faced a hard time with the gpu not sending signal to the monitor after boot. I changed the DevicePolicy kext to none in 17.1 Definition as the guide pointed but it didn't work. For all of those having the same problem, I will try to retrace my steps to the solution. At this point Nvidia web drivers will be logically already installed.
1) If you are facing the same problem you will easily be able to boot to the mac if you use the boot flag nv_disable=1
2) Once you boot, mount the EFI volume with EFI mounter V3 and open config.plist with clover configurator. Under Rt Variables change CrsConfig value to 0x67 in order to disable SIP. Then allow the installation of all applications in security tab of system parameters.
3)Open terminal and write the command csrutil status if it shows that SIP is disabled you should proceed to step 5. Otherwise continue to the next step
4) If the SIP is enabled then you should restart the system and boot to recovery HD from clover with the bootleg nv_disable=1. When the interface boots open the terminal and write the command csrutil disable This should disable the SIP protection. Reboot again into the OS
5)Download and run AGDP fix from Siloh. (You can search it in the forum)
6) Rebuild the cache
7)Reboot
This solved the issue the first time for me but the second time it didn't work. Hopefully it will work for you. In case it doesn't work, download the Kext wizard app from the forum and try rebuilding permissions and kernel.
Reboot once again and the issue should be resolved.

Another issue was that Apple internet driver didn't work for me, but the intelMausi driver works like a charm.
I also had to resolve an issue with the ram only showing half of it. I added manually my ram sticks information directly into clover configurator and I rebooted. This solved the problem.
Thanks a lot for all the help once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back