Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Skylake Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac

Status
Not open for further replies.
By "fixed", do you mean sleep works for you without problems?

By "fixed", do you mean sleep works for you without problems?

That's not what he means, so far sleep won't work on this board, tried all the settings.

On a different note... has anyone gotten the 3.1 ports to work? just usb3.0 speeds would be ok.
For me it doesn't even show up whatever I try... no need now but I would use it in a near future if I could.

I also fooled with a lot of BIOS settings on the 1.5 BIOS and sleep still didn't work. I will try with 1.6 at some point.

As for the USB 3.1 ports, they work for me with the USB Generic XHCI drivers.

Unfortunately not for me, can't think of what's different

Make sure the 3rd party USB is enabled in BIOS, I guess. I think it's under Advanced / USB.

I have, maybe I should try the clover EFI partition instead of S/L/E

Edit: funny thing is, on the EFI partition it works! won't show up in sysprofiler though... that's a bit weird. Even when I plug in an usb stick I see it in finder yet not in sys profiler.

Edit2: found out why; since El Capitan the USB identifier has been changed, as the kext still used the old one it won't show up under USB yet.

Thank you for the in depth guide. I have several questions regarding the WiFi and Bluetooth on this system:

-Did the WiFi/Bluetooth BCM94352 chip come with the motherboard, or did you buy it separately?
-Do both, the WiFi and Bluetooth work correctly? Is there full support for AirDrop? Handoff? Message?

Ok i fix the istallation but left lan drivers and graphics card drivers

Thank you very much for the excellent guide!
After seeing it, I changed my mind and am considering a Skylake build instead of Haswell ;o)
I am planning a build with this board with a 6700t or 6600t with passive cooling (in the end when Incan throw out the gpu).

I have questions though:

Asrock boards seem to be very good with power consumption - is that the case as well with this (gaming) board?

Does the system boot without any issues from an M.2 PCIe SSD?
Is there anything to look at when buying one in this respect?
- and did you have to remove it in the build process - taking the board out, etc. ? ;o)

Thanks again and best wishes!
Rudolf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back