Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Skylake Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, so if I understand this correctly, you:
  1. Confirmed that the BIOS is configured to boot UEFI only or UEFI and Legacy
  2. Re-partitioned your USB drive as GPT with format Mac OS Extended (Journaled)
  3. Ran UniBeast 6.0.1
  4. Selected El Capitan and UEFI install in UniBeast and completed the install
  5. Plugged in the USB drive
  6. Used your BIOS hotkey to select a boot device
  7. Selected UEFI:YourUSBDrive from the BIOS boot menu
  8. Got a Clover Menu with the option to Boot Mac OS X from YourUSBDrive

If that's all right, hit space bar from the Clover menu, select verbose boot, and post a photo of where it stops or the error it's giving you.

That's exactly right, except I ran UniBeast 6.1.1. I took a few pictures of the boot menu, Clover, and the immediate error message that pops up:
http://ppl.ug/zCLYnLgjZRM/

Thanks ahead of time for all of the help!

That's exactly right, except I ran UniBeast 6.1.1. I took a few pictures of the boot menu, Clover, and the immediate error message that pops up:
http://ppl.ug/zCLYnLgjZRM/

Thanks ahead of time for all of the help!

Are you using the 10.11.2 installer instead of the 10.11.0? The .0 and possibly .1 don't have support for this smbios.
However it can be edited if needed.

Are you using the 10.11.2 installer instead of the 10.11.0? The .0 and possibly .1 don't have support for this smbios.

Hmm, the guide mentioned that 10.11.1 was used, so I tracked down that version. I can try 10.11.2, but will also try to edit the SMBIOS in the meantime. Thanks for the suggestions!

Just wanted to get back and say everything worked using the 10.11.2 installer. Thanks Badeendje for the suggestion, and thanks to ammulder for the original guide/files!

The new Bios 1.60 came out today, adds some mem compatibility and oc stability claimed by the release info.
Haven't test sleep with this one but tried all options for dark wake with bios 1.50 without success.

I thing to remember once you upgrade the bios you have to reset the bios and change all options again.
If not clover refuses to boot and the resolution it all wrong, probably some cram stuff that gets messed up in the process.

Did someone test sleep mode at Bios version 1.6?

same for me 20160110_165950.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back