Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Intel Skylake NUC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello
There in there a video about the installation, because for me it is easier

Thank you

Mz

Update: with 10.11.4 final I get no artifacts on the integrated graphics. Yay! (However, the update broke audio so I will need to try re-installing the driver from MultiBeast.)

Also, the framebuffer usage changed, meaning that my HDMI 4K display is only recognized as a 1080P TV. I need to come up with a Clover patch to reset the correct entry to the HDMI connector type, and hopefully that will take care of it (the previous patch doesn't fix it any more).

Yes. Though I needed a Clover patch to get full 4K resolution out of my HDMI-connected monitor. (The same monitor via DisplayPort worked fine without a patch -- the configuration just defaults to all-DisplayPort instead of setting the one output to HDMI.)

Update: I am not able to get two 4K displays working simultaneously (one on HDMI, one on DP). But either one individually works fine (with the HDMI patch).

OK, I put in a major update to the first post. LOTS of good news! With the latest BIOS 0039 and OS X 10.11.4 on my 6i5RYK:

• Graphics works
  • Sleep/wake works
  • The install is easier
  • No prohibited signs

Overall I think the Skylake NUC is very usable now!

Running Fedora at the moment, until OSX on the NUC is stable enough.
But I'm getting the impression that is usable enough at the moment, so I'm very eager to try it!
The one thing holding me back is the bluetooth issue, since I'm using Apple wireless keyboard and magic mouse and I wasn't planning to dual boot. But maybe I should buy a bluetooth adapter :)

Either way, thumbs up for the good work !

Great news! So how do I update the BIOS on my NUC 6i5SYH? Or does this not apply to my machine?

FYI, I just updated the BIOS to 0039 on my NUC 6i5SYH, but nothing has changed. Maybe Apple will have something next month with the updated Macbooks coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back