Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Intel Broadwell NUC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already have Win 10 installed on my NUC.
Can I create a second partition from Windows and install El Capitan there, following the instructions in this thread? I see the procedure for the other way around in this thread...

Finally found a solution for the problem with rebooting after shut-down:

Use CloverConfigurator and in the ACPI-Section hook "FixShutdown" and "HaltEnabler" on.
(Maybe it will work without "HaltEnabler", I haven`t tried it)

BIOS settings as "ammulder" (btw, thanks for this great guide!) recommended.

My Config:

- BIOS v353
- OS X 10.11.3

One step further to a perfect Mac Mini clone. :)

EDIT: I`m using a NUC5i5RYH

Last edited:
OS X is not well behaved with disks partitioned by other than OS X Disk Utility, but there are things you can check/do.

See this thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/133940-mavericks-windows-8-same-drive-without-erasing.html

Thanks, I didn´t get it to work, will try with a clean install and then reinstall Windows.
That would be easier?
Now I´m mostly curious to why the NUC all of a sudden refuses to boot from the USB, it worked like ten times, but all of a sudden it refuses to boot, didn't change anything in the BIOS and can´t see anything wrong there...

Two options: there's a setting in the BIOS to "always boot USB devices first" that you can use, otherwise the F10 hotkey to select a boot device and then select your USB drive.

Two options: there's a setting in the BIOS to "always boot USB devices first" that you can use, otherwise the F10 hotkey to select a boot device and then select your USB drive.

I know, but it still doesn´t work, maybe the USB stick got corrupt, will try to make a new one. :cry:

Addition to the solution for the problem with rebooting after shutdown on BIOS v353:
After running a number of tests, it seems to just set "FixShutdown" in config.plist/Clover Configurator is enough.
BIOS settings a mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back