Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Gigabyte GA-Z170N-Gaming 5 (mini-ITX)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you plug the antenna. Without them, mine can't find or pair.

Yes!

This morning, I was able to connect my devices (mouse, gaming controller). I'm not really sure what I did make it works.

Now, the only device that I'm not able to pair is my iPhone 7. Is it normal?

Regards,

For future reference, here are the patches I needed in El Capitan and Sierra to get the BCM 94352Z card working.

• In Devices menu, copy and paste into the wifi box: 0x43BA14E4
  • In kexts to patch you can add the airport patches and hot spot handoff (these are the same as for El Capitan)
Name: IOBluetoothFamily
Find: 4885ff7447488b07
Replace: 41be0f000000eb44
Comment: 10.11 / 10.12 BT4LE-Handoff-Hotspot, credit RehabMan based on Dokterdok Patch

Name: AirPortBrcm4360
Find: 6B100000750D
Replace: 6B1000009090
Comment: Third party card to Airport Patch
  • Additional patch to enable card in Sierra
Kext: AirPortBrcm4360
Find: 81F952AA00007529
Replace: 81F952AA00006690
Comment : Sierra FVCO patch
  • Optional 5GHz patch
Name: AirPortBrcm4360
Find: 58540025182B210020
Replace: 5854080A321B43000A
Comment: 5GHZ Patch

It's very strange, I follow all your steps twice. I even try it on a clean install (Sierra 10.12.1) but nothing. I don't see the wifi symbole at the top. It's the BMC94532Z NGFF WiFi card too and it works well on El Capitan.
At the moment, it is the single issue I have on Sierra.

It's very strange, I follow all your steps twice. I even try it on a clean install (Sierra 10.12.1) but nothing. I don't see the wifi symbole at the top. It's the BMC94532Z NGFF WiFi card too and it works well on El Capitan.
At the moment, it is the single issue I have on Sierra.
Ok I just download Avidracer's config.plist and copied relevant kexts to replace. And now it works. Many thanks

Thanks for the guide, but i got the reboot loop problem on clover bootloader screen. Every time i try to install the el capitan, the apple logo appears on screen then reboots in 5 or 6 seconds. I have the same mother board and cpus like yours and using on board graphic cards. I copied all the kexts except the config.plist.

Couldnt figure out what the problem is.

Any advice?

Thanks

Has anyone gotten Thunderbolt to work with Sierra on this board?

I've been experimenting, following all of the guides/how-to's that I've been able to find, but nothing seems to work.
Windows 10 and Sierra will speak to the port via USB, but whenever I try plugging in the StarTech TB2 to TB3 adapter in, neither OS seem to know what to do with it.

I just updated the BIOS to F20, and now the option for Thunderbolt seems to have vanished completely!

Anyone have any similar experiences/thoughts?

Yes!

This morning, I was able to connect my devices (mouse, gaming controller). I'm not really sure what I did make it works.

Now, the only device that I'm not able to pair is my iPhone 7. Is it normal?

Regards,

This is normal, iphone 7 does not offer much via bluetooth. itunes will need to be used for any ios device management.

Ok I just download Avidracer's config.plist and copied relevant kexts to replace. And now it works. Many thanks

glad it worked out for out!!

I would like to report that the new hd530 fix by piker alpha has fully resolved the screen flickering in the top left hand corner in 10.12.1.

Almost everything is working in this board now, except for sleep.

Has anyone gotten Thunderbolt to work with Sierra on this board?

I've been experimenting, following all of the guides/how-to's that I've been able to find, but nothing seems to work.
Windows 10 and Sierra will speak to the port via USB, but whenever I try plugging in the StarTech TB2 to TB3 adapter in, neither OS seem to know what to do with it.

I just updated the BIOS to F20, and now the option for Thunderbolt seems to have vanished completely!

Anyone have any similar experiences/thoughts?
Hey there. While reading some forum entries here I read somewhere, that Gigabyte does not licence the Thunderbolt 3 stuff and due to this only USB 3.1 may work.

I would like to report that the new hd530 fix by piker alpha has fully resolved the screen flickering in the top left hand corner in 10.12.1.

Almost everything is working in this board now, except for sleep.

Two questions:

- Where is this fix?
- Starting from scratch, what should I be doing to enable audio in Sierra?

Other than audio and the screen glitches, this looks pretty nice so far. My board also shipped with F5 BIOS, FWIW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back