Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Gigabyte GA-Z170N-Gaming 5 (mini-ITX)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope everyone is staying safe, practicing good hygiene and keeping good health!

I know this thread is very old and dont mean to bump it as most of you are already in Catalina by now. This post is for the ones with the Gigabyte system as listed in my profile but adventourous enough to try opencore instead of clover. I dont have an opinion yet based on less than 30 days of use, but it seems to be working as good as clover. so pick your poison.

First backup your working system and EFI - means atleast 3 copies. Dont blame me if your machine does not boot with my config, but I have this exact board with AMD graphics as primary (refer to my profile).
Migration is as simple as dropping the attachment in your EFI after updating the following 4 parameters in the config.plist under OC directory/folder:
Root > PlatformInfo > Generic section keys (propertree editor illustration shown below for the required parameters)
MLB
ROM
SmUUID
SystemSerialNumber
Screen Shot-01.png

You will need the above values either from your current 'clover' machine via SystemInformation > Hardware section or clover configurator or generate new one using GenSMBIOS

Good Luck!!

Attachments

• EFI_OC.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 271
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back