Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] El Capitan on the GA-Z170X-UD3

Status
Not open for further replies.
[...]just make sure that your installer is 10.11.4[...]

That was the problem.
My El Capitan install app was downloaded in january.
I erased it and download again, up to date, and the install went like a charm :D :D

Now the post-install ;)
And apps install to feel like home ^^'''

Regarding the appstore (for system update) is there any "control" of the mac serial number when connected ? (same account with 2 different machines)

Question to people with working systems: I'm seeing a problem where after sleep auto-switching to headphone jack no longer works. Does that work for you? (It works fine for me until I sleep and wake my machine.) If it does not work I suspect that some changes are required in CodecCommander.kext, but just wanted to be sure that it is not just a problem with my machine.

Confirmed my headphone jack doesn't work after sleep. Also, the sound is really poor through the headphones when it is working and I noticed the "Balance" slider doesn't actually affect balance, but does some kind of bass/treble mix instead.

Question to people with working systems: I'm seeing a problem where after sleep auto-switching to headphone jack no longer works. Does that work for you? (It works fine for me until I sleep and wake my machine.) If it does not work I suspect that some changes are required in CodecCommander.kext, but just wanted to be sure that it is not just a problem with my machine.

I can confirm that audio indeed does NO LONGER work after waking from sleep!

Using the latest clover and CodecCommander in /S/L/E.....

Might take a look into this next week - apart from that everything is working fine!

That was the problem.
My El Capitan install app was downloaded in january.
I erased it and download again, up to date, and the install went like a charm :D :D

Now the post-install ;)
And apps install to feel like home ^^'''

Regarding the appstore (for system update) is there any "control" of the mac serial number when connected ? (same account with 2 different machines)

I'm not completely sure what you mean.

Are you using the same serial for two different machines? If yes, you should generate a new one for the new machine!

In any case, even if you are not going to use iMessage or FaceTime, it would be best to generate a serial, MLB, and SmUUID (I don't trust Gigabyte to keep this constant between BIOS updates / clearing settings) and keep those constant for the life of your system (You should only generate a new one if you change the motherboard).

For the serial: Replace the four zeros in this with some other combination of numbers and characters: C02Q0000GG7L

For the MLB and ROM look here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html#TOP7.1

For the SmUUID look here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html#TOP5 (Scroll to How to Fix the SId Bug)

Confirmed my headphone jack doesn't work after sleep.

Thanks I'll look into it when I have the time.

I can confirm that audio indeed does NO LONGER work after waking from sleep!

Using the latest clover and CodecCommander in /S/L/E.....

Might take a look into this next week - apart from that everything is working fine!

Just to confirm: Does the back-port work after sleep? Or do you have no sound at all after sleep?

Would love to hear if you find any solutions!

... Also, the sound is really poor through the headphones when it is working...

This also seems to be the case in Windows (and OS X) with my headphones (DT 770 80 Ohm), which is why I'm using the back port for those and the front port for a powered speaker that I only connect once or twice a week.

I think that the backport is better powered than the front audio port which is the cause of headphones sounding bad on the front one.

So i attempted this method on my UD3 and it didn't work.

Managed to get to the first OS X installer and install to my SSD and on reboot clover opened with no available drives to boot from. (Not even the USB that was plugged in)

Any ideas?

I'm not completely sure what you mean.

Are you using the same serial for two different machines? If yes, you should generate a new one for the new machine!
I was wondering the oposite ^^
One Apple ID with several machine (and SN)
But with real Macs, there is nothing against that.

In any case, even if you are not going to use iMessage or FaceTime, it would be best to generate a serial, MLB, and SmUUID (I don't trust Gigabyte to keep this constant between BIOS updates / clearing settings) and keep those constant for the life of your system (You should only generate a new one if you change the motherboard).

For the serial: Replace the four zeros in this with some other combination of numbers and characters: C02Q0000GG7L
Done it. ;)

One last question cnrd :
- Once I have my GFX card (GTX950) how do I do to make it work ?
Do I have to do all again ? Restart the clover step ? Or just edit config.plist (manualy or with Clover Configurator) ?

By the way, thanks a lot for this tutorial. In less than few days (PC build on wednesday evening), with a lot of mistake on my side, I have a new powerfull "mac" runing :)

So i attempted this method on my UD3 and it didn't work.

Managed to get to the first OS X installer and install to my SSD and on reboot clover opened with no available drives to boot from. (Not even the USB that was plugged in)

Any ideas?

That sound wierd, what port are you using for the USB?

I would start over from scratch.

I was wondering the oposite ^^
One Apple ID with several machine (and SN)
But with real Macs, there is nothing against that.

Done it. ;)

There are no problems using multiple SN with the same Apple ID (As you said all Macs have their own SN), in fact that is how it should be.

Good :)

One last question cnrd :
- Once I have my GFX card (GTX950) how do I do to make it work ?
Do I have to do all again ? Restart the clover step ? Or just edit config.plist (manualy or with Clover Configurator) ?

By the way, thanks a lot for this tutorial. In less than few days (PC build on wednesday evening), with a lot of mistake on my side, I have a new powerfull "mac" runing :)

1. Just remove the changes to the config that you made to get the intel GFX working.
  2. Shutdown.
  3. Insert Nvidia card
  4. Change BIOS settings to PCI-E GFX (And disable Intel)
  5. When on clover screen boot with "nv_disable=1" (And your other boot flags).
  6. Follow the steps in the guide under: Setup NVIDIA Graphics

We all make mistakes, thats a part of the learning process, my first system was running 10.5.4, but I still make mistakes whenever I get new HW :) (I have been off the Hackintosh scene for about 2 years, my last system was running on Ivy Bridge, so there was some new stuff to read up on when I got this system).

I have an issue regarding the sound.
I've installed the ALC-110 and HDMI-110 .command.

When I play a video (in local, from a NAS, from Youtube or any other video website) after about 2 minutes playing, sound start to have crack and parasites.
If I pause the video for a few seconds, sound come back good at restart. Then, after 2 minutes, the probleme occur again.

The sound is only available thru "internal speaker" or "head set" in OSX prefs.
Line out give no sound. And HDMI is mute (maybe because of on board HDMI).

I've tryied amplified speakers and head set.

Any clues how to fixe that ? looks like some buffer issue, no ?

Any clues how to fixe that ? looks like some buffer issue, no ?

Yes, it's a buffer issue.

Did you use CloverConfigurator?

Fix is one page back in post #64.

I should probably put that in the main guide... As this seems to hit nearly everyone.

I must say I read the thread, but not very carefully, hoping for bugs encountered beeing solved in the first post ^^'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back