Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] El Capitan on the GA-Z170X-UD3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just updated the guide for 10.11.4:

Major change is that you no longer have to disable IOAPIC 24-119 Entries.

Also I found a bug in the config.plist that I uploaded which may be why some of you have had problems with sleep/other PWM stuff. I'm sorry about this, forgot to enable <key>AsusAICPUPM</key> and <key>KernelPm</key> as I use a UEFI with 0x02 MSR unlocked (patched).

CNRD did you ever get iMessage working?

I contacted apple and I'm finally able to login to iMessage, but when I try to send someone a message it comes back with "*****@gmail.com is not registered with iMessage" even though they are.

CNRD did you ever get iMessage working?

I contacted apple and I'm finally able to login to iMessage, but when I try to send someone a message it comes back with "*****@gmail.com is not registered with iMessage" even though they are.

Yep, working fine, did you follow the guide I have linked in the guide?

You do know that you should generate a serial, MLB, ROM and HWUUID before attempting to contact Apple's servers by logging into iMessage or other AppleID services, which is why I added the BOLD text that you should not log in at this time, right?

I'm not saying that it is going to happen, but if your serial/MLB/ROM/HWUUID is not consistent and unique Apple's systems could (not saying that they are going to) ban your AppleID as a security measure.

None of this will probably happen, I just wanted you to know that it is a possibility, I haven't heard of it happening yet, but with all of the threats that Apple are fighting and the talk of adding extra security it could be a problem in the future.

I have been using the same AppleID forever and my first hackintosh was running on 10.5.3, I once talked to someone from Apple Support who informed me that I have more than 100 devices connected to my AppleID most of which are MacMini, but still I've never had any problems.

Awesome thanks for the advice, how did you go about generating a serial number for skylake imac?

It doesn't seem to have that option in Clover Configurator.

Or does it even matter? Could I just select 4k Retina iMac?

Awesome thanks for the advice, how did you go about generating a serial number for skylake imac?

It doesn't seem to have that option in Clover Configurator.

Or does it even matter? Could I just select 4k Retina iMac?

Hmm I would have thought that the 17,1 had been added by now, anyway you can do this instead:

Serial: Take the serial number already in the config.plist (C02Q0000GG7L) and replace the 0000 with a random combination of numbers and characters.

MLB, ROM & UUID: Open Clover Configurator and in Rt Variables press the calculate button.

Copy MLB to MLB & SMBIOS -> Board Serial Number, ROM to ROM, and System ID to SMBIOS -> SmUUID

Thanks, forgot that link :)

Also I just updated the guide with a newer Clover version + a fix for audio distortion that was happening because of that newer clover version.

Remember people, if your system is working right now, there is no reason to update whenever I change something, I just want to be sure that anyone new following the guide will always be using the newest stuff. (Also I like to tinker with my system, so whenever I change something, I update the guide, so that I won't forget later :) )

@cnrd:

So I just yesterday reinstalled OS X 10.11.4 on my z170x-UD3 (now with a i7 6700k @ 4,6 GHz and a 980 Ti).

Everything working beautifully so far, even Power Management/sleep with my overclocked processor.

Just look at my Geekbench - never been even close to that score before :D

Cheers!

So got everything working on a fresh reinstall. :thumbup:

390X was causing the system to lock up after a while, tested with my old 660Ti and have had no issues.

Weird issue though,

Took SSD out for a few days, used just windows then put back in and booted clover.
Clover boot was fast but once it hit the login screen it felt like my SSD was being read at a speed of 1kb/s

Opening finder, moving the mouse or clicking on something will end up taking 60 seconds to register...

Yet to boot into safe mode but has anyone heard of such a thing?

Waited around long enough to get activity monitor from spotlight and nothing using cpu or memory...just so slow.

@cnrd:

So I just yesterday reinstalled OS X 10.11.4 on my z170x-UD3 (now with a i7 6700k @ 4,6 GHz and a 980 Ti).

Everything working beautifully so far, even Power Management/sleep with my overclocked processor.

I have just one problem (with getting audio to work): when I try to launch the ALC 110.command you provided as a download (I made sure I had the rights to execute the file - ''chmod u+x'') I just keep getting -> binary file could not be executed!

Should I try and rename the extension to .sh or do you have another solution up your sleeve?

Audio is kinda working with the unibeast method (ALC1150.kext) but you can hear interruptions from time to time when using iTunes or playing a YouTube video for instance.

Your help is - as always - appreciated!

Cheers!

Ahh that dreaded audio... I haven't seen that problem before, but I had one myself where audio wouldn't work at all before installing the CodecCommander.kext (Which at first caused a KP, and required multiple kernel cache rebuilds before sticking).

I don't if you have tried any of these (In no particular order):
Right click and click open (Bypass GateKeeper)
Disable GateKeeper
run from terminal "./audio_cloverALC-110_v1.0r10.command"

The script is from toleda: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/143757-audio-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.html you could try asking there if non of the above work :)

Also remember if you get the script working, that you shouldn't use multiple audio-fixes at the same time.

So got everything working on a fresh reinstall. :thumbup:

390X was causing the system to lock up after a while, tested with my old 660Ti and have had no issues.

Weird issue though,

Took SSD out for a few days, used just windows then put back in and booted clover.
Clover boot was fast but once it hit the login screen it felt like my SSD was being read at a speed of 1kb/s

Opening finder, moving the mouse or clicking on something will end up taking 60 seconds to register...

Yet to boot into safe mode but has anyone heard of such a thing?

Waited around long enough to get activity monitor from spotlight and nothing using cpu or memory...just so slow.

Never seen that one before sorry :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back