Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] El Capitan on the GA-Z170X-UD3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slight issue.

Configuring the BIOS in that way means all internally connected drives go invisible, cannot select them from F12 or in boot priority...can only boot from the OS X install USB.

Loading optimised defaults allow me to see every drive again, but the loading bar when trying to boot from the USB doesn't load.

Have installed clover to the internal SSD but won't boot as of yet :/

Laurin could you attached the files used ? its more easy to use

Thanks very much : )

I have the same mainboard and problems with booting the second SSD and the USB 3 BUS. Can you please send me your clover config ?

What do you mean by: "booting the second SSD and the USB 3 BUS"?

Thank you for the guide cnrd, could you please be more specific about the "Setup your Ram" instructions?

Which config.plist file am I supposed to modify? I've found 3 similar files in the list of downloads you have prepared.

This is my first time creating a Hackintosh, sorry if I'm overlooking something very simple. haha :roll2:

Sorry if it is unclear, it is the config.plist that is in the "Clover Files" downloads (Which is the only one you are supposed to use (You should overwrite the default one from the clover installer).

The RAM setup is unfortunately currently required as Clover does not correctly detect RAM (Can't remember if it is DDR4 or only on Skylake), when this is fixed by the programmers of Clover, this step should not be required any more.

Slight issue.

Configuring the BIOS in that way means all internally connected drives go invisible, cannot select them from F12 or in boot priority...can only boot from the OS X install USB.

Loading optimised defaults allow me to see every drive again, but the loading bar when trying to boot from the USB doesn't load.

Have installed clover to the internal SSD but won't boot as of yet :/

Internal drives should not be visible, you should be booting using Clover in EFI mode (Which is different from CSM booting), did you make sure to check the "Install for UEFI booting only" in step 8 of "Prepare the Installer"?

Laurin could you attached the files used ? its more easy to use

Thanks very much : )

Please take a look in the first post, all of the files required are linked in there.

@cnrd The file with the patch for GTX 650 doesnt added in the post im refering about this file SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG0.aml or the patch folder to copy the files to clover path.

: )

@cnrd The file with the patch for GTX 650 doesnt added in the post im refering about this file SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG0.aml or the patch folder to copy the files to clover path.

: )

Which is the clover-audioHDMI script.

I'm finally at the Installation part where you boot into Clover.

How do i input "nv_disable1"?

I also don't see any option to "boot mac os x from USB"

What version of clover did you use? Because I don't think the instructions you wrote work with the new version that you updated the download link with.

EDIT: I got everything installed and rebooted the computer, but now it gets stuck at "waiting for root device" any advice?

Okay, I've managed to get everything working now yay!

Only thing that I don't currently have is sound, how do I get sound to work through the green audio jack?

EDIT: Got the audio working, used multibeast and installed ALC 1150 audio drivers.

The files SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG0.aml can be added to the first post.

Thanks

179232-guide-el-capitan-ga-z170x-ud3-bildschirmfoto-2016-03-01-um-18.30.41.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for this post! In some days i have this mobo and ready to the adventure. Anyone know if the steps for the graphic cards are t same for a cheaper Nvidia gt710?

Hi, i have GA-Z170X-UD3 gtx 970 ,according to your guide, all thing work, but when i want to shutdown it, it just restart instead of shutdown. Anyone run into this issue?Think you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back