Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the GA-H87N-WIFI with GT 740

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great guide! I am looking to build a hack for my kids and might try to get a MB from eBay. Does continuity and handoff work with the pcie wifi card you mention, or just handoff?

To tell you the truth, I haven't tested that stuff exhaustively. I looked in the Bluetooth settings and it said Handoff supported: yes. What a good test for continuity?

First of all, Thank you very much for your wonderful guide in both depth and width

Somehow, after I install window 7, it cannot boot. The screen is black. The system is

1. There is a window logo running at the beginnig
  2. Then the screen is gone black
  3. I have to reset
  4. Choose Window Booting Option again
  5. The system ask me to restore the window in safe mode

Cheers !

First of all, Thank you very much for your wonderful guide in both depth and width

Somehow, after I install window 7, it cannot boot. The screen is black. The system is

1. There is a window logo running at the beginnig
  2. Then the screen is gone black
  3. I have to reset
  4. Choose Window Booting Option again
  5. The system ask me to restore the window in safe mode

Cheers !

Did you install windows UEFI or Legacy. You're going to have these types of issues trying to boot Win through newer Clover if it was installed Legacy...

To tell you the truth, I haven't tested that stuff exhaustively. I looked in the Bluetooth settings and it said Handoff supported: yes. What a good test for continuity?

I think the test would be sending texts through your iPhone from your computer and making and receiving phone calls through your iPhone with your computer. If it says it is supported then that should all work fine.

Have to look on eBay for this motherboard.

Did you install windows UEFI or Legacy. You're going to have these types of issues trying to boot Win through newer Clover if it was installed Legacy...

Sorry for my Newbieness, how could I check whether it is UEFI or Legacy. ?

At this point, I did try to reinstall the window again. After I formatted my drive, it said I cannot install on this partition since it is in GPT partition :crazy:

I try to installed dual boot with El Capiton and Window 7 64 Ultimate

• I successfully install El Capiton
  • I format hard disk with "Disk Utility" on Windows HD
  • I boot Window Installer in UEFI mode
  • I did "delete" and "format" drive via Window Installer
  • It boots to Window all the time after installation
  • I went into OSX and config EFI as suggested in this thread
  • I reboot again and the Window EFI cannot boot
  • The Screen is black :banghead:

Great guide! I've got the same system and it's going to help me a lot!.

One question, why didn't you ever updated the bios ? I'm using bios F9 and i saw there was a F10 (more for windows 10 cosmetic change i suppose). Is there a reason for that ?

I try to installed dual boot with El Capiton and Window 7 64 Ultimate

• I reboot again and the Window EFI cannot boot
  • The Screen is black :banghead:

I would try all the Windows options at the Clover menu. I had at least two I think and only one of them worked.

I have only tried with Windows 10 myself, though I would have expected Windows 7 to work as well.

You can try restoring the Microsoft boot file on the EFI partition and make sure you can still boot into Windows that way and double-check that it thinks it's installed in UEFI mode. (I mean, I would hope so if it boots from files on the EFI partition, but just as a sanity check...)

If you need more help you might want to ask on the multi-booting forum, because my Windows experience is quite limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back