Contribute
Register

[Guide] Disabling discrete graphics in dual-GPU laptops

Nothing unusual here.
_OFF is in SSDT-3 (no EC references). It calls HGOF. HGOF is in same file (it has EC references). _INI is in same file.

Therefore: only patches required are to _INI (call _OFF) and HGOF (remove EC related code) and _REG in DSDT (EC related code removed from HGOF).

It is all covered in post #1.
I think I'm done with SSDT, thanks. But I still can't find _REG in DSDT.

Attachments

• upload_2018-9-3_0-4-2.png
    upload_2018-9-3_0-4-2.png
    254.1 KB · Views: 128
In the DSDT.dsl file you uploaded previously, it is at line 14007.
Oh, now i get what device i should been looking to. Sending many thanks to you, as it seems that it's properly disabled now.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-03 at 23.07.57.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-03 at 23.07.57.png
    112.6 KB · Views: 118
Oh, now i get what device i should been looking to. Sending many thanks to you, as it seems that it's properly disabled now.

If you need your work checked/verified, attach PR files as per FAQ.

[QUOTE = "cesarbahia, post: 1732615, membro: 1345370"] Obrigado RehabMan por tudo! Placa gráfica desativada. (Sortido) [/ QUOTE]

I'm having the same problems as you friend. Could you help me understand how you managed to make the HD 4600 work perfectly?
So far I've only been able to run the system using FAKE ID

Thank you very much in advance
Sorry, Master.
I did not go straight.

My problem is disable Nvidia anyway.

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete/wrong.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

I hope I'm reporting this problem right, but I'm following this guide to patch my Nvidia Graphics card to be disabled so it's not running for no reason and eating up my battery. I got the patches all figured out but I have an issue with MaciASL and one of my SSDT files. I disassembled my SSDT files using your method with iasl.

I tried compiling this particular SSDT file with and without the patch and I get an error at Line 124 Code 6157 [Unknown ASL Compiler exception ID] (TGCP [Integer]). So it seems to be an issue right from the start with the file before I make any kind of modifications.

I have attached the SSDT file if you could take a look in your free time, it'd be greatly appreciated.

I'm using the most recent version of MaciASL from your site, version REM-1.31 (252.4).

Attachments

• SSDT-10-OptTabl.dsl
    48.2 KB · Views: 87
I hope I'm reporting this problem right, but I'm following this guide to patch my Nvidia Graphics card to be disabled so it's not running for no reason and eating up my battery. I got the patches all figured out but I have an issue with MaciASL and one of my SSDT files. I disassembled my SSDT files using your method with iasl.

I tried compiling this particular SSDT file with and without the patch and I get an error at Line 124 Code 6157 [Unknown ASL Compiler exception ID] (TGCP [Integer]). So it seems to be an issue right from the start with the file before I make any kind of modifications.

I have attached the SSDT file if you could take a look in your free time, it'd be greatly appreciated.

I'm using the most recent version of MaciASL from your site, version REM-1.31 (252.4).

Remove/comment out incorrect External declaration for TGPC.
Such as:
Code:
//    External (_SB_.PCI0.PEG0.TGPC, IntObj)    // (from opcode)

Remove/comment out incorrect External declaration for TGPC.
Such as:
Code:
//    External (_SB_.PCI0.PEG0.TGPC, IntObj)    // (from opcode)

Thank you for that! That worked to get it to compile.

But now I'm faced with the issue of not being able to get my Nvidia Graphics Card to disable. I've been running around in circles with trying to patch it and it doesn't seem to take any way I try. Following your guide I've found that the patches need to happen in the DSDT and the SSDT-10-OptTabl. From what I've gathered, it should be a direct patch in SSDT-10-OptTabl and in that I have it calling _OFF, but it doesn't listen. I also patched the _REG in the DSDT to no avail.

I'm hoping you can point me in the right direction. Problem Reporting Files are attached.

And if it helps, the laptop is a Razer Blade 15 (2018 Model) with the Nvidia GTX 1060 Max-Q Graphics Card and the Intel i7-8750H with the 630 UHD Graphics.

Thanks for all your help and your awesome guides!

Attachments

• ProblemReportingFiles92018.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 78
But now I'm faced with the issue of not being able to get my Nvidia Graphics Card to disable.

You're calling the wrong _OFF.
You need to call the _OFF at _SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP. You're calling from location _SB.PCI0.IGPU/GFX0 (GFX0 is renamed to IGPU).

You should be adding an _INI method right before the _OFF method:
Code:
        Method (_INI) { _OFF() } // added to call _OFF

Method (_OFF, 0, Serialized)  // _OFF: Power Off
        {
            If (LEqual (CTXT, Zero))
            {
                If (LNotEqual (GPRF, One))
                {
                    Store (VGAR, VGAB)
                }

Store (One, CTXT)