Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 9560 Mojave VirtualSMC, I2C Trackpad, Clover UEFI Hotpatch

Motherboard
Dell 9560
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
HD 630
Ok thanks for the tip. But I don t understand why the processor is never throttling on Mac OS with heavy workloads 24 hours in a row. Do you know where I can buy those new heat sink assembly you think about ?

Motherboard
Asus X99 Deluxe
CPU
E5-2697v3
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, MacBook, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iMac, Power Mac, Xserve
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Has anyone tried this on the 9575?
There is a separate success thread for the 9575. I personally have not tried it but a colleague of mine has one that apparently runs well but not as well as the 9560 or 9570 due to the Type-C implementation.

There is a functioning EFI folder in that thread.

Motherboard
GA-Z370N-WIFI
CPU
i5-8600K
Graphics
RX 460
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Are you still using it docked? I've tried CLOVER v3.4 and I can only wake my 9560 using lid or power button.
network/usb/ac wake are enabled in BIOS (and all are failing to wake it)
Getting rid of SSDT-UPRW.aml and/or adding SSDT-DeepIdle.aml doesn't help
Finally figured it out (sort of).

Removing SSDT-UPRW.aml doesn't recover wake on lan (or wake on bluetooth/usb) functionality, but disabling SSDT-UPRW.aml in clover's config.plist does (only when SSDT-DeepIdle.aml is in place).

SSDT-DeepIdle.aml is intended to fix sleep issue and that what it does (sort of). When SSDT-UPRW.aml patches are disabled and SSDT-DeepIdle.aml is in place, laptop will disappear from network during sleep but will consume entire battery in about 10 hours. Looks like it fixes sleep at software (kernel?) level but breaks it at hardware level. I think I had it working even at hardware level with KNN's config, but I was unable to use external monitor with it and it didn't support 10.12.6+ so I had to give up on it.

Anyway, when SSDT-UPRW.aml patches are disabled and SSDT-DeepIdle.aml is in place I'm not only able to use laptop "docked" (wake external monitor using usb/bluetooth keyboard) but I also never get black screen on lid open (which I get all the time with regular config).

10 hours of sleep is not much, so I wrote two scripts to enable wakeonlan when docked and enable long sleep when undocked.
Bash:
#!/bin/sh
sudo diskutil mount disk0s1
cd /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER
cp config.netwake.blocked.plist config.plist
cd ACPI/patched
mv SSDT-DeepIdle.aml ..
cd ~
sudo diskutil umount disk0s1
Bash:
#!/bin/sh
sudo diskutil mount disk0s1
cd /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER
cp config.netwake.unblocked.plist config.plist
cd ACPI
mv SSDT-DeepIdle.aml patched
cd ~
sudo diskutil umount disk0s1
script obviously requires having config.netwake.blocked.plist and config.netwake.unblocked.plist (with SSDT-UPRW.aml patches disabled) in same folder as config.plist