Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 9560 Big Sur OpenCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a weird one - does anyone else see any kind of backlight flicker while watching videos fullscreen on a 4K internal display? I had it on Catalina and tested it again on Big Sur. Hoping it's not a hardware failure, but it only seems to occur when playing a video.
that happens to me watching 4k videos sometimes as well in Catalina. only when I use google chrome to watch 4k. try using a different browser that supports 4k and see if it still happens

v0.2 is uploaded. I will try to update when OC updates but I think the next go around, I'll just add a section on updating OC, it's quite easy and the Dortania guide has the info on how to do it efficiently. I'm 96% satisfied with the hack as it is and the 4% I can't test with out the hardware.
  • Removed initial release
  • Updated to OpenCore 0.6.4 and all kexts
  • Tools Folder actually has stuff in it
  • Removed config Post, instructions to clean up in Post Install section
  • I'm only going to release configs now with full verbose, debug options, and tools enabled
    • you can remove them by following the guide's post install section

v0.2 is uploaded. I will try to update when OC updates but I think the next go around, I'll just add a section on updating OC, it's quite easy and the Dortania guide has the info on how to do it efficiently. I'm 96% satisfied with the hack as it is and the 4% I can't test with out the hardware.
  • Removed initial release
  • Updated to OpenCore 0.6.4 and all kexts
  • Tools Folder actually has stuff in it
  • Removed config Post, instructions to clean up in Post Install section
  • I'm only going to release configs now with full verbose, debug options, and tools enabled
    • you can remove them by following the guide's post install section
Its funny with this EFI my Dell freezes every time with another error message. The screen always gets dark and suddently the keyboard as well and nothing anymore happens.

Its funny with this EFI my Dell freezes every time with another error message. The screen always gets dark and suddently the keyboard as well and nothing anymore happens.
Responding with the actual error message would have been helpful but you should just start from the beginning.
Update your bios to my version and read the whole guide in its entirety.
Then go back and start from the very beginning of the guide without skipping steps.

Responding with the actual error message would have been helpful but you should just start from the beginning.
Update your bios to my version and read the whole guide in its entirety.
Then go back and start from the very beginning of the guide without skipping steps.
I really did but maybe this error lets you know where I am standing. I fully redid the Bios and added all UEFI tweaks. Thanks again.
Right now it is here

Attachments

• 549c9c05-39fe-45ba-8381-400e527da56c.jpg
    549c9c05-39fe-45ba-8381-400e527da56c.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 64
I really did but maybe this error lets you know where I am standing. I fully redid the Bios and added all UEFI tweaks. Thanks again.
Right now it is here
What bios version are you on?

What bios version are you on?
Version 1.20.0 I wasn't able to check for an update right now because the windows partiotion somehow broke down.

Version 1.20.0 I wasn't able to check for an update right now because the windows partiotion somehow broke down.
What nvme are you using?
How long did you wait on that screen?

What nvme are you using?
How long did you wait on that screen?
I am not using an NVMe because I read about a lot of trouble with it. I have a WD Blue And Sata SSD. I waited for about 10 minutes until I killed it off.

I am not using an NVMe because I read about a lot of trouble with it. I have a WD Blue And Sata SSD. I waited for about 10 minutes until I killed it off.

What do you mean you have a WD Blue And SATA SSD? list every drive in your laptop and the model numbers

I'm assuming you didn't disable cfg lock correctly and verify it was disabled, I can't think of anything else, if you created a Big Sur USB installer and created the EFI with my files this really shouldn't be happening.

At this point I'm getting a bit frustrated with your approach of answering questions with minimal details and I'm not trying to be rude but you said you broke your windows partition and besides just asking everyone for their EFI's and not even checking for files to be where they are this might be over your head. I'm just being honest man, sorry if I do sound rude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back