Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi the-darkvoid

i've the XPS12, i know it's a different machine but i'm in trouble while unlock bios feature to disable MSR and set video framebuffer more than 32MB default. I'm currently use ig-platform for MBAir that have a 1366x768 display, while my XPS has a FHD so i think the buffer size on the framebuffer kext doesn't allocate memory in right mode and make artifact. For now I can simply fix the artifact changing display profile to s-RGB.. but i want to avoid this fix and see if it works with modified bios.

So now the problem is: i've unlocked all bios option and flashed, i can see new menu structure, load all defaults but cannot get OSX to boot, revert to "original" bios and OSX boot again
have you changed something other in the bios after unlock? I think the unlocked section load different defaults from the locked version that make OSX to not boot

thanks for your help :)

Got everything working as expected.
I replaced the internal wifi card with the BCM94352Z, DSDT Patched and bluetooth kext as well!!!
Just one problem, I cannot get the mac appstore or imessage to work!
Not sure what to try next...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-11-08 at 3.19.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-08 at 3.19.09 PM.png
    935.9 KB · Views: 166
Attached is the ioreg file

Attachments

• xion.ioreg
    3 MB · Views: 113
you need to install NullEthernet kext to get AppStore\iMessage\FaceTime working :)

Attached is the ioreg file

Go into SysPrefs->Network and remove all interfaces, Apply, then remove /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist. Reboot, then add all your network interfaces back, starting with your built-in WiFi.

you need to install NullEthernet kext to get AppStore\iMessage\FaceTime working :)

In theory MacBookAir smbios can access MAS with just built-in WiFi. But it needs to be at 'en0'. Real MacBookAir6,2 does not have Ethernet, so it makes some sense...

Go into SysPrefs->Network and remove all interfaces, Apply, then remove /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist. Reboot, then add all your network interfaces back, starting with your built-in WiFi.
RehabMan, Thanks!
I had done everything else except delete the NetworkInterfaces.plist!!!!!

All working now!

Thanks! You the Man!!

Hi, I followed this guide and the acceleration works well but the laptop reboots when I connect it to an HDMI tv or during the loading screen if I boot OS X with HDMI connected from the begin. Because of dropbox 404 error, I used this for dsdt patches: https://github.com/robvanoostenrijk/XPS9530-OSX
Can you help me? I attach my edited dsdt. Thanks.

P.S.: I have the A06 bios unlocked

Attachments

• patched.zip
    116.4 KB · Views: 94
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back