Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

Status
Not open for further replies.
For your information, if you buy a BCM94352Z (M2.NGFF), you will have WIFI directly on the Maverick Installer USB Key because DSDT patch and fakeID for the wifi are in my config.plist ;-)
Very useful and so easy, seems to be OTB :D

For DSDT and SSDT, I follow the same method than RehabMan gives... but I didn't need to use linux, just the F4 key when clover is displayed. The only file I can't process is the SSDT-2.aml. For all others, no errors (after applying patch and correct some stuff). If you're SSDT-2 is compiling, please tell me if you extracted it from linux or anything else ;)
If you have an error about something already declared, just delete the line, and don't worry because it will compile, and every thing goes OK ;)

For DSDT and SSDT, I follow the same method than RehabMan gives... but I didn't need to use linux, just the F4 key when clover is displayed

The reason I recommend Linux is because Clover can sometimes write duplicate SSDTs to origin using F4. Although it is easily resolved if you know what you're doing (remove the duplicate SSDT(s)), Linux seems more reliable at extracting SSDTs that will disassemble relatively clean using "iasl -da".

To install OSX did you have to unlock bios? If not how did you open the install OSX? I get to the Clover interface and once I try to install OSX I get a black screen.

To install OSX did you have to unlock bios? If not how did you open the install OSX? I get to the Clover interface and once I try to install OSX I get a black screen.

Your post here implied you had successfully installed: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...er-blade-14-2014-hackintosh-6.html#post864307
(screenshot of OS X running...)

You probably need to use an invalid ig-platform-id (or don't inject for Intel) to keep the Intel graphics drivers from loading. Also, nv_disable=1 kernel flag to keep the nvidia drivers from loading.

The reason I recommend Linux is because Clover can sometimes write duplicate SSDTs to origin using F4. Although it is easily resolved if you know what you're doing (remove the duplicate SSDT(s)), Linux seems more reliable at extracting SSDTs that will disassemble relatively clean using "iasl -da".

Thank you RehabMan for this information :)
I really love this forum because it's a wealth of information, and there are great guru as you ^^

the-darkvoid, did you give up this laptop ?
Is someone still intersting about this computer ? ^^

I am still waiting on the motherboard replacement, so until then no work to be done :cry:.
Fingers crossed it arrives sometime soon, they only have the i7-4012HQ in stock, not the i7-4712HQ which I'm waiting for.

As preparation work I have done manual patching of the AppleHDA driver (codec verbs and paths), but I have not been able to test it yet.
It will hopefully resolve the headphone issues.

Also I have written actual DSDT patches to do everything automatically from a DSDT/SSDT dump, using Rehabman's patchmatic.

So once I get it back, I expect almost everything to work except the card reader.
Since the card reader should support standard communication, I will be checking if its possible to update existing SDHC-api kext code to interface with it.

My BCM94352Z M2.NGFF has come in last month, so I will be installing that when the laptop is back. Mopi, care to share some more details on how you got the Wifi and Bluetooth working properly? I assume its the documented patches for Wifi channels, 5ghz and BTUploader.kext

As far the Touchscreen, a working evaluation driver working for the Sharp QHD+ touch screen can be downloaded from here: https://db.tt/nABv7Nv8

It will pop up a nag dialog after 100 clicks, but I personally hardly find that an issue as I sparingly use the touch screen.

Replacing Intel AC-7260 Wifi/BT with BCM94352Z

In order to get Wifi and Bluetooth working, the internal Intel Wifi / Bluetooth card will need to be replaced.
Personally I ordered the BCM94352Z from Amazon.com as a suitable replacement, as both the Wifi and Bluetooth are supported in OS X.

Follow the laptop disassembly / assembly instructions in the Dell provided manual:
ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-prod...s_laptop/xps-15-9530_Owner's Manual_en-us.pdf

This explains step-by-step how to replace the internal wifi card.
Even though on the BCM94352Z the antenna connectors are placed slightly different it will fit fine.
Just ensure that the white antenna cable plug does not touch the bracket once mounting the new wifi card back in.

The BCM94352Z I used is detected as VID: 14E4, PID: 43B1.
The Bluetooth is USB based and is detected as: VID: 0930, PID 0223.

In order for the wifi to work properly in OS X take the following steps:

• Apply the DSDT patch file from https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13972199/XPS-9530/WIFI/BCM4352_wifi.txt
    This will make your Wifi card show up as a 3rd party wifi card.

Note the instructions in the patch file in case the device id is different on the machine.

• Add the following patch in Clover to make the 3rd party wifi card as Airport Extreme.

Code:
    <dict>
       <key>Comment</key>
       <string>3rd party Wifi as Airport Extreme</string>
       <key>Find</key>
       <data>axAAAHUN</data>
       <key>Name</key>
       <string>AirPortBrcm4360</string>
       <key>Replace</key>
       <data>axAAAJCQ</data>
    </dict>

This will ensure the card is detected as Airport Extreme and will support Airdrop.
  • To enable the bluetooth you need to install the BTFirmwareUploader kext.
    The kext can be placed in the clover EFI kext folder and will enable the Toshiba USB bluetooth (0930,0223) out of the box.

BTFirmwareUploader kext can be found on Google by searching for "Bluetooth Firmware Uploader".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back