Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for this information. You're right :)

the screen is switch of instantly but the power button and the backlight keyboard goes asleep 20/30 seconds later.

I never notice that before you figure it. Thanks !
I edit my post :D

Hi,

Unfortunately I didn't have much luck, I even used your Config.plist but I got the same result. When I boot into Mavericks everything loads fine then crashes when the GUI is about to load, I just get a scrambled screen squashed to the bottom of the screen or the screen freezes during bootup.

so far the best result I have is with the standard HD4600 (desktop) plist 3200x1800 but no QE/CI :cry:

I have followed Darkvoid's instructions with unlocking the bios etc and then patched the pixel clock, although I dont know for sure if I completed fully - it would seem so since I can get 3200x1800.

Not sure what else I can do next...

Hi,

Unfortunately I didn't have much luck, I even used your Config.plist but I got the same result. When I boot into Mavericks everything loads fine then crashes when the GUI is about to load, I just get a scrambled screen squashed to the bottom of the screen or the screen freezes during bootup.

so far the best result I have is with the standard HD4600 (desktop) plist 3200x1800 but no QE/CI :cry:

I have followed Darkvoid's instructions with unlocking the bios etc and then patched the pixel clock, although I dont know for sure if I completed fully - it would seem so since I can get 3200x1800.

Not sure what else I can do next...

Post your DSDT and ioreg please.

I just get a scrambled screen squashed to the bottom of the screen or the screen freezes during bootup.

I'm not sure about that, but sounds like the pixel clock not patched... The script provided here is outdate since 10.9.4.

Check the md5 of IOKit binary :
Open the terminal and paste this command :
Code:
md5 /System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Versions/A/IOKit

If you see (go to the md5 in bold corresponding to your case) :
6105cc8f503b589f8b3ce2d3917ad150
this is the genuine 10.9.4 file, and it's not patched yet.
Open the terminal, and use this command lines :
Code:
sudo perl -i.bak -pe '$before = qr"\x0F\x85\x9D\x03\x00\x00"s;s/$before/\xE9\x84\x03\x00\x00\x90/g' /System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Versions/A/IOKit
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
Now, check the md5, it's should be fa60af29f293214caab2b74223f9638d
Goto the step below.

fa60af29f293214caab2b74223f9638d:
the file is patched, but it's not codesign, so your computer will freeze before launch GUI.
You just have to Code sign with the line :
Code:
sudo codesign -f -s - /System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Versions/A/IOKit
Check the md5, it's should be 5b0f22829df4a0c2ea35ba468d8cb074

5b0f22829df4a0c2ea35ba468d8cb074:
the file is correctly patched, and signed.

other md5:
oups !

So, what about your md5 ?

If you was not the 5b0f22829df4a0c2ea35ba468d8cb074 md5, so now, it's properly patched. Use my config.plist, and check if it's working with that. I suggest to delete the file CsmVideoDxe-64.efi from EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI, and check of the bios that you setup DVMT Pre-Allocated to 128M.

Hope that help !

wojtoo, I heard about this annoying noise and I was a bit chilly to the idea of buy a computer that makes a strange noise.

AS FAR AS I REMEMBER, there was a little strange sound during a few day when I start to use the laptop, but I'm glad to realize that I don't heard this noise anymore. I really need to stick my ear on the bottom of the laptop in order to perceive a slight sound.

Bytheway, in my laptop it was always slight. I think Dell fix this bug on new hardware computer because it was a lot of people complain about it. I don't know if it's an electric artefact or another thing, but my laptop is very quiet. I bought it on 20th august 2014 or something like that.

Anyway, you seem to suffer from this noise, so I take pictures of all items in the CPU menu.
IMG_1460.jpgIMG_1461.jpgIMG_1462.jpg

Can you tell me more about this noise, and record it ? What is approximately the intensity of the sound ?
[edit : I listen to the record... this sound is very unpleasant]

[edit : WTF, my pictures are up side down ?!]

It looks like you were right MOPI, my md5 is fa60af29f293214caab2b74223f9638t but when I try to Codesign it now its says 'the codesign_allocate helper cannot be found or used' and then says I have to install Xcode from http://apple.developers.com/ is this right? bit of a Pain as I cannot get back in to OSX now because its not signed. I guess I will have to replace the IOKit as the backup seems to be invalid, shows the file as 0kb. once I manage to do this I will then have to install Xcode, in order to sign the file.

I think it's not allow to share IOKit.framework.

If you have time machine, you can restore the file... Or you can copy it from an other computer if you have it.

Okay, I finally got it working! took me ages to restore the IOKit.framework I even killed a real mac in the process but now AOK. I have 3200x1800 with full QE/CI Thanks to MOPI and Darkvoid, the problem I had was there was no Internet on the 9530 within Mavericks - Luckily I found out that I can USB Tether with my HTC one, which in turn allowed me to Codesign IOKit.Framework correctly.

The problem I'm having now is with the DSDT patching, the first file I download 'iasl' doesn't seem to work whatever command I use 'iasl -da ˜/Documents/DSDT.'

Okay, I finally got it working! took me ages to restore the IOKit.framework I even killed a real mac in the process but now AOK. I have 3200x1800 with full QE/CI Thanks to MOPI and Darkvoid, the problem I had was there was no Internet on the 9530 within Mavericks - Luckily I found out that I can USB Tether with my HTC one, which in turn allowed me to Codesign IOKit.Framework correctly.

The problem I'm having now is with the DSDT patching, the first file I download 'iasl' doesn't seem to work whatever command I use 'iasl -da ˜/Documents/DSDT.'

You will need to extract all DSDT/SSDT from Linux. They are available in /sys/firmware/acpi/tables and /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/dynamic. Place them on USB or otherwise transfer to OS X.

Place all SSDT/DSDT in a single directory and use a recent build of iasl to disassemble:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/attachmen...5-buggy-dsdt-asus-q501la-help-needed-iasl.zip
Code:
cd "to directory where you placed all SSDT/DSDT"
iasl -da *.aml

Then work with the resulting *.dsl. You'll find you have much less errors to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back