Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone,
As you might have noticed, the speakers on the Dell XPS 13 sound very flat and tinny. In Windows this is corrected by software. Consequently, I did some research and found a great free equalizer app called eqMac2. You can find it here. I've attached a screenshot of my configuration. I'll do some digging and see if I can find the equalizer file itself for later upload.
boom2 or boom3d is another option which i have used before but it seems to have an issue with sleep though. does this have issue with sleep?

boom2 or boom3d is another option which i have used before but it seems to have an issue with sleep though. does this have issue with sleep?
None at all. The headphone port doesn't work on my laptop after sleep, but I suspect this has something to do with the CodecCommander kext.

None at all. The headphone port doesn't work on my laptop after sleep, but I suspect this has something to do with the CodecCommander kext.
cheers for that, i will check that out when i get a chance :)

Hey everyone,
As you might have noticed, the speakers on the Dell XPS 13 sound very flat and tinny. In Windows this is corrected by software. Consequently, I did some research and found a great free equalizer app called eqMac2. You can find it here. I've attached a screenshot of my configuration. I'll do some digging and see if I can find the equalizer file itself for later upload.

I use a combo of audiohijack+waves VST plugins to compensate for any audio infidelity. That said I couple it with headphones, so don't have the equalizer settings for the (tinny) speakers. If you could upload your equalizer that would be much appreciated.

Hello all,

Recently I have updated to Mojave. However on first boot KP occurs. I found out that framebuffer was the issue, then I booted with invalid ig-platform-id successfully. I started fixing the framebuffer issue then.

By reading here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-intel-framebuffer-patching-using-whatevergreen.256490/, adding entries in config.plist/devices/properties, as well as installing kexts that I got from darkvoid's repo into S/L/E using Kext Utility. I cannot boot it anymore.

Two things happened:
- When using valid ig-platform-id, KP happens with sth like "Assertion failed: minStolenSize <= fStolenMmorySize". I think it must be the framebuffer issue.
- When using invalid one, verbose stuck on sth like "Debugger called: <panic>","IOPlatformPanicAction -> IONVMeController"

The only thing I can do is enter safe mode. Any ideas?
I do prefer patching using WhateverGreen than DVMT as I don't want to take risks. However, is patching DVMT a much more easier solution?

Thanks a lot
* Clover attached separately due to safe mode

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 124
  • debug_27052.zip
    589.1 KB · Views: 91
Hello all,

Recently I have updated to Mojave. However on first boot KP occurs. I found out that framebuffer was the issue, then I booted with invalid ig-platform-id successfully. I started fixing the framebuffer issue then.

By reading here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-intel-framebuffer-patching-using-whatevergreen.256490/, adding entries in config.plist/devices/properties, as well as installing kexts that I got from darkvoid's repo into S/L/E using Kext Utility. I cannot boot it anymore.

Two things happened:
- When using valid ig-platform-id, KP happens with sth like "Assertion failed: minStolenSize <= fStolenMmorySize". I think it must be the framebuffer issue.
- When using invalid one, verbose stuck on sth like "Debugger called: <panic>","IOPlatformPanicAction -> IONVMeController"

The only thing I can do is enter safe mode. Any ideas?
I do prefer patching using WhateverGreen than DVMT as I don't want to take risks. However, is patching DVMT a much more easier solution?

Thanks a lot
* Clover attached separately due to safe mode

Your config.plist shows no DVMT related framebuffer patches (for WhateverGreen) in Devices/Properties.

Your config.plist shows no DVMT related framebuffer patches (for WhateverGreen) in Devices/Properties.
I follow the tutorial and I get this at the end.
Or did I miss something else?

Attachments

• capture1.png
    capture1.png
    25.3 KB · Views: 213

Added entries as required, but still KP.
I cannot see words like "minStolenSize" so I think the framebuffer issue is solved and KP is caused by sth else that I don't know.

Quoted from KP:
CPU 0 panic trap number 0xe. rip 0xffffff7f91fd7b1e
Generation from SMC report as 2
AppleLPC start - RCBA not enabled
DSMOS has arrived
RPOG: match category IODefaultMatchCategory exists
HID: Legacy shim 2
com_apple_driver_eficheck::start(LPCB)(1)
Debugger called (panic)
IOPlatformPanicAction -> IONVMeController
IOPlatformPanicAction -> AppleSMC
{panic stuff}

Few more questions, after KP the laptop won't reboot itself. Also, are there easier ways to retrieve KP log instead of typing it manually?

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 102
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back