Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Added entries as required, but still KP.
I cannot see words like "minStolenSize" so I think the framebuffer issue is solved and KP is caused by sth else that I don't know.

Quoted from KP:
CPU 0 panic trap number 0xe. rip 0xffffff7f91fd7b1e
Generation from SMC report as 2
AppleLPC start - RCBA not enabled
DSMOS has arrived
RPOG: match category IODefaultMatchCategory exists
HID: Legacy shim 2
com_apple_driver_eficheck::start(LPCB)(1)
Debugger called (panic)
IOPlatformPanicAction -> IONVMeController
IOPlatformPanicAction -> AppleSMC
{panic stuff}

Few more questions, after KP the laptop won't reboot itself. Also, are there easier ways to retrieve KP log instead of typing it manually?

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete (missing verbose boot photo).
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

And your profile is incomplete. Missing screen resolution.
Please fix as per FAQ.

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete (missing verbose boot photo).
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

And your profile is incomplete. Missing screen resolution.
Please fix as per FAQ.
Attached and fixed as requested, thanks.

* Open in new window will show the original orientation. Not sure why the preview is rotated 90 deg anti-clkwised.

Attachments

• IMG_20181013_002047.jpg
    IMG_20181013_002047.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 160
  • IMG_20181014_125635.jpg
    IMG_20181014_125635.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 144

Attachments

• IMG_20181014_135145.jpg
    IMG_20181014_135145.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 149
  • CLOVER.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 105
Edited.
Will the KP during boot be related to kexts in S/L/E & L/E? If yes then how to boot without kext cache? Thanks

No idea. You didn't provide any information regarding the kexts you installed (your pr report lacks kextcache output).

Note that kexts are not installed to /S/L/E. As per FAQ, kexts are installed to /L/E on 10.11 or later.

To begin with would like to thank everyone for their help - as your help has been invaluable in getting my 9360 to perform flawlessly. For a number of reasons I'll need to move on from my 9360, so if anyone is interested in a 16GB FHD model, you'll be able to find it on eBay (as I don't think I can post it here)

Is it possible to update my BIOS without reinstalling windows? I'm running into some issues now that I've upgraded to .16 and I'm pretty darn sure its because my BIOS is still on 1.3.2

Last edited:
Is it possible to update my BIOS without reinstalling windows? I'm running into some issues now that I've upgraded to .16 and I'm pretty darn sure its because my BIOS is still on 1.3.2
You can put the .exe file on an usb drive, boot with f12 and then select bios update. No need to keep windows installed.

Got a KP on Mojave with your efi folder.
Do i need something extra? Mojave (clean install without anything in l/e s/l/e) booted from hard drive in usb case, 100% working on my pc.
Have a dvmt paches in bios, working successfully on sierra.

Thanks!

Issue with USB fixed (correct patch applied)

I've attached my EFI configuration for anyone that wants to use and/or constructively criticize. Points of note:

1) Config is optimised for i7-7500U. So power management is native, ie not using CPUfriend etc
2) Wasn't able to seamlessly upgrade from 10.12.6, installer failed when converting filesystem. If anyone's coming the same way, use CCC - that way you'll be able to restore if all else fails. Unlike what I did.
3) Am using AppleALC for sound until I find a way to patch the AppleHDA natively as before. Still not sure if there's any difference in sound quality with either method.
4) Question for @the-darkvoid - from your experience is it worth going from MBP14,1 to MBP15,2? Can't seem to find the rationale to do so...

Otherwise experience is (surprisingly) pleasant, a tad faster on Geekbench than with Sierra, audio feels higher quality and the OS feels more responsive too. Could be the fresh install, or a dark mode placebo...[/QUOTEG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back