Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Script dump attached. Never had wakeup by opening the lid working on any configuration on this laptop before.
Thats the behavior on my machine as well. I haven't really looked into it, but I assume there might be some ACPI configuration which could potentially fix this. @RehabMan has a legendary level of expertise with regards to this.

Does wake via lid work on Windows?

I still dont get automatic wakeup from opening the lid though. The keyboard backlight turns on and then I have to press a key in order for the laptop to wakeup.

set darkwake=0,this opens the lid and automatically wakes up
upload_2018-8-19_17-35-2.png

set darkwake=0,this opens the lid and automatically wakes up

That did indeed work, Thanks!

One Problem remains: Monitor Brightness Keys are not working but I can change the brightness manually through the system settings (Using darkvoids repo). Problem files attached.

Edit: Fixed 7 days ago in the repo.

Last edited:
I have something very bizarre going on...

I disabled TurboBoost from the BIOS and successfully saved the configuration. Everything seems to be fine, but when I'm carrying out CPU intensive tasks, I'm still seeing the CPU reach its peak clock of 3.1 GHz in Intel Power Gadget (i.e. going above its base clock).

IDK what might be causing this weird behavior. Assistance is appreciated.

Attachments

• debug_16614.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 81
I have something very bizarre going on...

I disabled TurboBoost from the BIOS and successfully saved the configuration. Everything seems to be fine, but when I'm carrying out CPU intensive tasks, I'm still seeing the CPU reach its peak clock of 3.1 GHz in Intel Power Gadget (i.e. going above its base clock).

IDK what might be causing this weird behavior. Assistance is appreciated.

macOS probably ignores such BIOS settings.

Waiting for Dell XPS 9370 Guide :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back