Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bozma, I just want to confirm that nothing has changed in your config.plist on today's release?

Bozma, I just want to confirm that nothing has changed in your config.plist on today's release?
9.00 - unchanged compared to beta

Just released 9.01, which adds:

- Windows 2015 in XOSI
- AppleLPC SSDT to load our LPC (pci8086,9d58). Might be useful if you want to experiment with HWP.
- -disablegfxfirmware boot flag to disable failing GUC upload.
- Added explanation in the guide about XNU Power Management (XPCM).

Before that, check whether it's the same on Windows (with properly installed drivers). Also, try to switch to spoofed skylake and see if the whine changes.

I can confirm that the frying chips noise is also on Windows, although it's easier to trigger on MacOS. It's the same if is using SKL or KBL.

@jkbuha can't get headphones hot plug to work using your patched HDA. Does that work for you?

I can confirm that the frying chips noise is also on Windows, although it's easier to trigger on MacOS. It's the same if is using SKL or KBL.

@jkbuha can't get headphones hot plug to work using your patched HDA. Does that work for you?
RMA, then.

Headphones work on mine when I hot plug, even after sleep. Sounds like a hardware difference?

Headphones work on mine when I hot plug, even after sleep. Sounds like a hardware difference?
can u hear static noise when headphones plug in in a silence environment?

No I don't hear any static noise, on Win/Linux/OSX. I've tested this on two headphones; the Sennheiser HD555s, and the Inatek plug-ins.

HOWEVER - I have just realised that with 10.12.6 I don't have headphones working on sleep/resume, only on fresh boot. I will need to re-tweak the codeccommander and AppleHDA kexts to ensure they resume on awake. Stay tuned (ahem)....

Went the @bozma88 route and swapped in a Samsung 850 EVO 500GB drive with a fresh 10.12.6 install and 9.01 files. Will report back on temps and BT issues.

Did notice Beats 1/Radio shows don't stream, and stick at 0:00. Is this a Hackintosh issue?

No I don't hear any static noise, on Win/Linux/OSX. I've tested this on two headphones; the Sennheiser HD555s, and the Inatek plug-ins.

HOWEVER - I have just realised that with 10.12.6 I don't have headphones working on sleep/resume, only on fresh boot. I will need to re-tweak the codeccommander and AppleHDA kexts to ensure they resume on awake. Stay tuned (ahem)....
maybe something i was missing, my static noise issue still unsolved, maybe the incorrect codeccommander i used.

Last edited:

Thanks for your reply. I can confirm that headphones hot plug detection is working on fresh boot. However, even if I can see it switching outputs, sound doesn't come from headphones jack (just can hear some clicks and pops). Waiting for your fix :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back