Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reverted OSI to Windows to prevent charger plug freeze on some systems.
Added S3 SSDT for (supposedly...?) deeper sleeping.
I'm having that charger problem. How do I change OSI to windows?

Cant get to install. Clover hangs at IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3. hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0

I can imagine this is a simple problem hence why i didnt want to post it publicly.

Lilu.kext + IntelGraphicsFixup.kext.

Bought a Magic Trackpad 2 earlier this week and was using it for about two days without any problems until Bluetooth became unavailable. Running 10.12.6 w/ the beta hotpatch + patched AppleHDA. Problem reporting files attached.

Attachments

• Files.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 93
Hello guys, I am somewhat out of my depth concerning the power consumption of my i7-7560U. What I've learned so far: Running Win 10, Power Gadget reports 0.5W@1GHz in idle at about 29ºC. With the config provided by @bozma88 I am getting 1.8W@1GHz at 45ºC. Using MacBookPro13/14,1 the consumption goes up to 2W. With HWP enabled in Clover, the frequency goes down to 0.5GHz, but power draw and temperatures remain unchanged. Since @RehabMan mentioned the importance of properly implementing HWP, I used plug-in type injection to get X86PlatformPlugin to load (which works, X86PlatformShim is loaded as well): same 2W, now at 1.3GHz, same temp. Tweaking the freq. Vectors brings the frequency back down to 0.5GHz with no effect on power consumption what so ever. I'm running out of ideas here...

Last edited:
Bought a Magic Trackpad 2 earlier this week and was using it for about two days without any problems until Bluetooth became unavailable. Running 10.12.6 w/ the beta hotpatch + patched AppleHDA. Problem reporting files attached.

We all occasionally experience bluetooth issues after wake from standby on this system.
I think that, as of today, bluetooth is the least stable feature of all the hackintosh ecosystem.
If you are able to identify the root cause, please share your findings.

Hello guys, I am somewhat out of my depth concerning the power consumption of my i7-7560U. What I've learned so far: Running Win 10, Power Gadget reports 0.5W@1GHz in idle at about 29ºC. With the config provided by @bozma88 I am getting 1.8W@1GHz at 45ºC. Using MacBookPro13/14,1 the consumption goes up to 2W. With HWP enabled in Clover, the frequency goes down to 0.5GHz, but power draw and temperatures remain unchanged. Since @RehabMan mentioned the importance of properly implementing HWP, I used plug-in type injection to get X86PlatformPlugin to load (which works, X86PlatformShim is loaded as well): same 2W, now at 1.3GHz, same temp. Tweaking the freq. Vectors brings the frequency back down to 0.5GHz with no effect on power consumption what so ever. I'm running out of ideas here...

On this particular system, PM is working pretty darn well even without any sort of implementation.
The reason I didn't adopt it is because, after months of trial and errors, I concluded that it doesn't give you any battery nor performance advantage compared to a system left without OS-driven PM.
The cause of your higher power consumption is, more likely, GPU-related.
Do some research on GPU microcode upload, some time ago Pike shared a way to force microcode upload for Iris graphics.
On HD620 there's no Apple microcode to upload because the GPU isn't present on the MacBook lineup. 640 is a different story, IIRC.

FYI, this is what I get with no PM implementation. All the P states are reached both on CPU and GPU. Idle power consumption is very low.

Screen Shot 2017-07-31 at 16.51.37.png

Last edited:

Your ioreg shows no bluetooth controller on the USB bus.

FYI, this is what I get with no PM implementation. All the P states are reached both on CPU and GPU. Idle power consumption is very low.

That's really impressive. I never get those levels, even after applying your config.plist. At best mine idles at 0,80W IA: 0,16W.
It may be because of the QHD and touchscreen, though I'm not sure if the power gadget just measures the CPU+GPU power as opposed to all the bus amperage.

That's really impressive. I never get those levels, even after applying your config.plist. At best mine idles at 0,80W IA: 0,16W.
It may be because of the QHD and touchscreen, though I'm not sure if the power gadget just measures the CPU+GPU power as opposed to all the bus amperage.
Also sort-of measures power consumption for data lines (USB).
If I connect my Logitech receiver, I get 0.1W more. If I connect a powerful USB key, I get 1W more. If I connect USB-C connector, USB-C chip is powered on, and that's another watt of power.
Disassemble lower lid and disconnect the flat cable labelled "touch". If you don't use the touch, disconnecting it may decrease power consumption. Try!

Last edited:
I am getting about 2W idle with 7560U, and can hear loud coil whine when I am using it.
Attached my 10.12.6 folder & ioreg.
Could someone please check it?

Attachments

• XPS13.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back