Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
I din't had the chance to modify my clover plist or Efi folder. As soon I rebooted from Ubuntu, the drive was no longer recognized. AHCI its selected on BIOS .I'm on 1.3.2 . Should I update to 1.3.5 in order to get 4k funcionallity? will the BIOS upgrade mess with the rest of your settings (wich I'm trying to follow as close as possible)

Of course you have to remove all the nvme patches. That's the reason.
Always prepare a usb key with a copy of your efi folder in the primary FAT32 partition, so you can edit it quickly on a Windows pc.

Of course you have to remove all the nvme patches. That's the reason.
Always prepare a usb key with a copy of your efi folder in the primary FAT32 partition, so you can edit it quickly on a Windows pc.
Yes, I actually have several copys of my EFI files so I can revert changes or compare settings. Thankyou and have a nice sunday

Thanks to @RehabMan's advice in #801 I made a patch to rename ECDV to EC:

Clover config.plist > ACPI > DSDT patches
Code:
                <dict>
                    <key>Comment</key>
                    <string>change ECDV to EC (for native EC device)</string>
                    <key>Disabled</key>
                    <false/>
                    <key>Find</key>
                    <data>
                    RUNEVg==
                    </data>
                    <key>Replace</key>
                    <data>
                    RUNfXw==
                    </data>
                </dict>

I now have AppleBusPowerControllerUSB and AppleACPIEC both loading on device EC, and Bluetooth has successfully survived 2x 10hour+ sleeps.

It is of course possible that bluetooth was fixed at an earlier stage (after patching usb) but since I was only rebooting after each fix (and not cold booting, which I'm now thinking might be necessary for the bluetooth controller for some reason) it didn't take until I was forced to cold boot after the controller crashed.

I don't know. @RehabMan do you think the above patch is useless or would there be benefit from the EC device actually being called EC instead of ECDV?

Thanks to @RehabMan's advice in #801 I made a patch to rename ECDV to EC:

Clover config.plist > ACPI > DSDT patches
Code:
                <dict>
                    <key>Comment</key>
                    <string>change ECDV to EC (for native EC device)</string>
                    <key>Disabled</key>
                    <false/>
                    <key>Find</key>
                    <data>
                    RUNEVg==
                    </data>
                    <key>Replace</key>
                    <data>
                    RUNfXw==
                    </data>
                </dict>

I now have AppleBusPowerControllerUSB and AppleACPIEC both loading on device EC, and Bluetooth has successfully survived 2x 10hour+ sleeps.

It is of course possible that bluetooth was fixed at an earlier stage (after patching usb) but since I was only rebooting after each fix (and not cold booting, which I'm now thinking might be necessary for the bluetooth controller for some reason) it didn't take until I was forced to cold boot after the controller crashed.

I don't know. @RehabMan do you think the above patch is useless or would there be benefit from the EC device actually being called EC instead of ECDV?

@fv316
1... Please keep me updated on this. After one week of testing, if all goes well, I'll kindly ask you to post your current config, so everyone can test this out.
I'm preparing a comprehensive guide update that covers10.12.5, 4K reformatting, HWP and USB patching.
2... I still didn't manage to fix the power button issue, seems like IPIC IRQFlags fix was not the (full?) cause.

@ everyone else
I need you to test for power freezing issues with the hot-patch files posted a few pages back. If you are affected, please try and report back.

It is early days with the USB power fix, but renaming the EC (when present) matches most closely to real Macs...

1... Please keep me updated on this. After one week of testing, if all goes well, I'll kindly ask you to post your current config, so everyone can test this out.

Will do!

@ everyone else
I need you to test for power freezing issues with the hot-patch files posted a few pages back. If you are affected, please try and report back.

If you want to test the hotpatches, please use these latest files and not the previous ones as those ones do not have the latest patches. Once again I am just going to state for those not aware:
  • You have to be on 4k sectors for the native NMVe drivers to work, or else put in the patches yourself.
  • If you need your audio jack to work you will have to swap out AppleALC + Lilu for cloverALC + CodecCommander.
  • Use whichever trackpad drivers suits your taste. I use RehabMan's original VoodooPS2Controller.kext, so no fancy gestures.

Attachments

• hotpatch_Clover_SLE.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 96

T.Y.!

• Use whichever trackpad drivers suits your taste. I use RehabMan's original VoodooPS2Controller.kext, so no fancy gestures.

Just as a note: the modified (Syscl's) version of trackpad driver is also tweaked to better handle taps and touches. It completely eliminates cursor jumpiness, the algorithm is even better than OEM Windows drivers, where the cursor is still a bit jumpy (and that's the main complaint Windows users raise about this trackpad).

I get his error when trying to load cloverHDA

Code:
Coreys-MacBook:Extensions corey$ sudo kextutil cloverHDA.kext
Password:
/System/Library/Extensions/cloverHDA.kext - dependency 'com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController' not found.
/System/Library/Extensions/cloverHDA.kext - dependency 'com.apple.iokit.IOHDAFamily' not found.
/System/Library/Extensions/cloverHDA.kext - dependency 'com.apple.driver.DspFuncLib' not found.
/System/Library/Extensions/cloverHDA.kext - dependency 'com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController' not found.
/System/Library/Extensions/cloverHDA.kext - dependency 'com.apple.iokit.IOHDAFamily' not found.
/System/Library/Extensions/cloverHDA.kext - dependency 'com.apple.driver.DspFuncLib' not found.
Diagnostics for /System/Library/Extensions/cloverHDA.kext:
Validation Failures:
    Executable file doesn't contain kernel extension code (no kmod_info symbol or bad Mach-O layout).

Warnings:
    Personality CFBundleIdentifier differs from containing kext's (not necessarily a mistake, but rarely done):
        HDA Hardware Config Resource
    Personality CFBundleIdentifier names a kext that can't be found:
        'HDA Hardware Config Resource' -> 'com.apple.driver.AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver'

Dependency Resolution Failures:
    No kexts found for these libraries:
        com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController
        com.apple.iokit.IOHDAFamily
        com.apple.driver.DspFuncLib

Code Signing Failure: not code signed

I get his error when trying to load cloverHDA

Try this and then reboot:
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /

Post output here if it still hasn't loaded after reboot

Try this and then reboot:
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /

Post output here if it still hasn't loaded after reboot

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately it still did not load. Here is the output from kextcache:

Code:
Coreys-MacBook:Extensions corey$ sudo kextcache -i /
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext CodecCommander.kext
KernelCache ID: A9769D4B4C0FA64D3345FA8F794B233D
symlink("/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel", "/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache") failed 17 (File exists) <createPrelinkedKernel 2795>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back