Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is not an active EC.
It returns zero from _STA. That means "not present".
Read ACPI spec.

Your real EC is here:

Ah balls, when I saw PNP0C09 I figured ACPI was just rejecting my EC, rookie mistake. Thanks for bearing with me.

Not true.
In the case of sleep over 8 hours there are numerous dark wakes during that time frame, followed by some checks, followed by re-enter to sleep.

Even with -darkwake=0 ?

Even with -darkwake=0 ?

I think you mean darkwake=0 (the dash would break it).
I have never used the darkwake flag.
I will try it and see if it affects scheduled wakeup for the DNS responder...

I think you mean darkwake=0 (the dash would break it).
I have never used the darkwake flag.
I will try it and see if it affects scheduled wakeup for the DNS responder...

Yes sorry that was just habit from specifying parameters. In case you were not aware: it interprets darkwake=no incorrectly and after doing conversion ends with darkwake=58600 (or thereabouts from memory) thereby not having the desired effect.

Yes sorry that was just habit from specifying parameters. In case you were not aware: it interprets darkwake=no incorrectly and after doing conversion ends with darkwake=58600 (or thereabouts from memory) thereby not having the desired effect.

I'm trying darkwake=0. Always understood it was an integer (bit flags most likely).
I'll see what it does (if anything).

For darkwakes and sleep policies, also look in the same plist where you tweak or inject the frequencyvectors.
Some say that deleting the whole sleep policies tree will prevent dark wakes.
A more granular tuning should be investigated.

Hi I was on the latter stages of the post-install process /fine tuning and I decided to give a try to the 4k sector method for my ssd.I'm not familiar with ubuntu, but I followed all the steps in the post, resulting in a succsesfull switch from 512B to 4KB LBA setting.
My problem is that I can no longer "see" or mount the drive neither on windows nor os. Just In ubuntu. I tryed to reformat it directly in ubuntu with no luck at all (guid, ntfs, fat). I can´t find any way to mount my drive again to reinstall OSX. Any insight will be much appreciated.
The ssd its the Toshiba 512bgTHNSN5512GPU7KPDGA

Thnx to bozma88, Rehabman and the community for this excellent thread.

Hi I was on the latter stages of the post-install process /fine tuning and I decided to give a try to the 4k sector method for my ssd.I'm not familiar with ubuntu, but I followed all the steps in the post, resulting in a succsesfull switch from 512B to 4KB LBA setting.
My problem is that I can no longer "see" or mount the drive neither on windows nor os. Just In ubuntu. I tryed to reformat it directly in ubuntu with no luck at all (guid, ntfs, fat). I can´t find any way to mount my drive again to reinstall OSX. Any insight will be much appreciated.
The ssd its the Toshiba 512bgTHNSN5512GPU7KPDGA

Thnx to bozma88, Rehabman and the community for this excellent thread.
But in Ubuntu the drive works and stores data, right?

Yes it does, I just created a text document on libre office and saved to it. But the disks app (ubuntu's disk utility) and gparted doesn't display much info of it . I also reversed the process fron 4k to 512 and I'm able to see it on OS. But it want to set it up as 4k.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2017-05-28 09-11-16.png
    Screenshot from 2017-05-28 09-11-16.png
    157.7 KB · Views: 105
  • Screenshot from 2017-05-28 09-29-43.png
    Screenshot from 2017-05-28 09-29-43.png
    353.2 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
Yes it does, I just created a text document on libre office and saved to it. But the disks app (ubuntu's disk utility) and gparted doesn't display much info of it . I also reversed the process fron 4k to 512 and I'm able to see it on OS. But it want to set it up as 4k.
Did you remove all the nvme related patches from clover?
Have you selected AHCI in BIOS?
What version are you running? Update to 1.3.5.

I din't had the chance to modify my clover plist or Efi folder. As soon I rebooted from Ubuntu, the drive was no longer recognized. AHCI its selected on BIOS .I'm on 1.3.2 . Should I update to 1.3.5 in order to get 4k funcionallity? will the BIOS upgrade mess with the rest of your settings (wich I'm trying to follow as close as possible)

Edit: Updated to 1.3.5, after several reboots the drive showed up in windows as "offline" I got it online and formatted with disk management application. Booted into unibeast usb (your "basic install" p.list minus Piker's patches)and there it its!

I really would like to know what happened as a record for troubleshooting... but I have no clue.

Anyway, thanks man. I will do a new install and continue the process.
:thumbup:

ps:I have two more questions about keyboard and Display settings, whenI get back my ukelele and editor I'll elaborate them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back