Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just haven't had time to work on it; I've been focusing on fixing the Dell SMBIOS model identifier limit (a fix is coming out in the next release of Clover) and getting proper power management on my XPS 15 9550. I finally have X86PlatformPlugin loading with a MacBookPro13,3 model identifier and vanilla frequency vectors; not only is the OS doing GPU power management, but it dynamically modifies the HWP request register according to load and whether the laptop is on battery or not! It's pretty cool. I'll post the info here if folks are interested.

Getting USB-C working 100% is next on my list.

using ssdprgen or ssdt plugintype1 ..when sleep using fn+ insert ..i get reboot on wake
do you have same issue?

Do not follow the guide to the letter.
The correct ROM file for this bios is named differently.
Try all of them starting from the biggest, stop once you find one you can decompile and that contains the setup variables (iirc it's 10-100KB).

Thank you, it was the first one that showed up, and ~800KB.

Last edited:
Sorry to bomb this thread with questions.. I can't get into the OS X installer, kernel panics with 'DSMOS SMC returned incorrect key' and Dont_Steal_Mac_OS kext. I attached my USB EFI (which is EFI-BASIC-INSTALL with HFSPlus.efi added) @bozma88

I've read the guides needed and followed them through multiple times but I can't seem to get past this panic.. :(

EDIT: fixed

Last edited:
@bozma88 Just a little confused by your instructions for adding SSDT-IGPU.aml into ACPI patched folder. I've never seen that before. Do I need to create that file, download it or rename my SSDT-1.aml after patching it using these instructions here? - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/ssdt-gpu-graphics-card-injection.183354/
Also what do I do with the other SSDT.aml files?

Or do I have to do this? -
SSDT Patches:
  • SSDT-1:
    • [gfx0] Cleanup/Fix Errors (SSDT)
  • SSDT-0, SSDT-1, SSDT-2, SSDT-3, SSDT-4, SSDT-5, SSDT-6, SSDT-14:
    • [igpu] Rename GFX0 to IGPU
One last question.- If I'm in the US do I need the FixRegions patch in config.plist?

TIA

Last edited:
using ssdprgen or ssdt plugintype1 ..when sleep using fn+ insert ..i get reboot on wake
do you have same issue?

No, the machine wakes up just fine. Could be a quirk of your laptop vs my 9550.

do you have same issue?

Why are you generating CPU SSDTs on this machine? The guide tells you to keep SSDTs vanilla and not to drop the OEM ones to have power management working.

@bozma88 Just a little confused by your instructions for adding SSDT-IGPU.aml into ACPI patched folder. I've never seen that before. Do I need to create that file, download it or rename my SSDT-1.aml after patching it using these instructions here? - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/ssdt-gpu-graphics-card-injection.183354/
Also what do I do with the other SSDT.aml files?

Or do I have to do this? -
SSDT Patches:
  • SSDT-1:
    • [gfx0] Cleanup/Fix Errors (SSDT)
  • SSDT-0, SSDT-1, SSDT-2, SSDT-3, SSDT-4, SSDT-5, SSDT-6, SSDT-14:
    • [igpu] Rename GFX0 to IGPU
One last question.- If I'm in the US do I need the FixRegions patch in config.plist?

TIA

Oh, so sorry, it was a leftover. Guide fixed.
No need to use SSDT IGPU.
That SSDT is used to inject GPU properties, it's an alternative way of injecting them.
Latest revision (v8) of my files does not contain SSDT IGPU anymore, because full injection - including cosmetic naming fixes for GPU - is made through Clover.
No fix regions patch, I think, but it couldn't hurt, I think too.

Hello @bozma88, it's me again, this build is proving a big struggle for me. I'm looking at the Sierra installer window and the NVMe drive is not showing up in disk utility after wiping Windows. Do I use IONVMeFamily.kext? Or not so much? Do I need to implement this: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...er-macos-sierra-is-ready/page-42#entry2356251 ? At this point I am very confused and desperate for my drive to work :(

Use my clover folder with stripped down config for booting the installer, it shoukd work OOB. Everything's there. You don't see the ssd because likely you have not hotpatched the kext.
Desperation is not a good way to approach a difficult hackintosh conversion as this, you'll end up dissatisfied and stressed.
When you don't understand something, do a lot of research before asking, it's an exercise you'll benefit from in the long run.

Use my clover folder with stripped down config for booting the installer, it shoukd work OOB. Everything's there. You don't see the ssd because likely you have not hotpatched the kext.
Desperation is not a good way to approach a difficult hackintosh conversion as this, you'll end up dissatisfied and stressed.
When you don't understand something, do a lot of research before asking, it's an exercise you'll benefit from in the long run.
Thank you, would that be the one in EFI-BASIC-INSTALL? I have tried patching the kext with Rehab's tools, and I feel like I have read through every thread on this subject. I know that it all should work because I see people successfully patching, it's just my lack of expertise that is keeping me from doing things right..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back