Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
I setup the files from the beta release on ssd. I have some kexts both in /s/l/e and in clover/kext/other folder. I also have hackrmvne kext and I added the ssdt for that in clover.
I don't see the clover boot options where I could enable the verbose boot option. From Dell logo it directly goes to apple logo and after a few seconds, I see a circle with line across it.

How to enable verbose mode for clover with this. I have window10 on other partition on this laptop.

attached problem reporting files. could not take latest SSDT extract as could not stop at clover screen. This EFI folder is from SSD. Booted from USB which has the same set of files as the EFI of SSD.

Your Clover config plist is 100% different from what I posted in the beta assets. That's why it does not boot. Please re-check.
Also, you have many kext in S/L/E which are not taken from my guide.
Please conform 100% to my guide as a starting point, then we can work on your issues.

Last edited:
@ everyone

10.12.5 HOTPATCH BETA RELEASE: Please test it! Link here.

I have just one minor gripe with the hot-patching config I'm currently using.
The PBTN stopped working.

Before, with the config in post #1, every time I pushed the PBTN briefly, the power dialog appeared. If I pushed it long enough, the laptop went to sleep.
Now, with the hot-patching, it works inconsistently: 99% of the times (times=boots), it simply does not work. 1% of the times, it works. It still wakes the laptop from sleep, but does not perform any action when the OS is running.

I think it's an IRQ conflict issue, but I don't know how to debug. I've already implemented all the IRQ Clover fixes (HPET, IPIC, TMR), but it still does not work.

So, I captured ad IOReg when, once, it worked as supposed.
After resume from sleep, it reverted back to the usual non-working condition, and I recaptured another IOReg.

I attach here a full Problem Reporting archive (with double IOReg, before-after).
Worth to mention that from the Problem Reporting it will emerge that I'm not using any OS-driven CPU power management.
As you all know, it's a deliberate choice, so I won't repeat myself again and again.
PM was already unimplemented in the previous non-hot-patching config, where PBTN was perfectly working, so that's not the cause.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, it'd be greatly appreciated.

###

As a side note, I'm going to switch to a Samsung 850 Evo SATA 500GB M.2 SSD, so I have to get rid of my 256GB Toshiba GPUK drive. Anyone interested? It's 4K-compatible and already 4K formatted. PM me.

Attachments

• Problem reporting.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 101
I think it's an IRQ conflict issue, but I don't know how to debug. I've already implemented all the IRQ Clover fixes (HPET, IPIC, TMR), but it still does not work.

Verify your assumption by implementing "IRQ Fix" (static patch).

Note: Normal behavior of the power button in macOS is that pressing it a short time does nothing. Longer will sleep. On real Macs, must press Ctrl at the same time to get power dialog.

Last edited:
I just replace ssdt-nvme.aml to old ssdt-nvme-pcc.aml to solve stock on forbidden sign on new hot patch config.
But when i boot, screen showing boot log about 3min and then stock on the screen of apple icon.

The Attached file is my clover config.
Is there any detail should I provide?

Thanks!

Attachments

• efi.zip
    4 MB · Views: 99
I just replace ssdt-nvme.aml to old ssdt-nvme-pcc.aml to solve stock on forbidden sign on new hot patch config.
But when i boot, screen showing boot log about 3min and then stock on the screen of apple icon.

The Attached file is my clover config.
Is there any detail should I provide?

Thanks!

Maybe you forgot to install HackrNVMeFamily to the system volume (assuming FakeSMC.kext *is* installed).

Maybe you forgot to install HackrNVMeFamily to the system volume (assuming FakeSMC.kext *is* installed).

Can't it eject by clover?

I will try to install to system volume later.

Can't it eject by clover?

I think you mean "inject", not "eject"...

With config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts=Detect... if FakeSMC.kext is installed to the system volume (eg. in kernel cache), then kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts is ignored.

I think you mean "inject", not "eject"...

With config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts=Detect... if FakeSMC.kext is installed to the system volume (eg. in kernel cache), then kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts is ignored.

I can boot successfully after installing HakerNVMeFamily.kext into system volume.

Thanks a lot!

Your Clover config plist is 100% different from what I posted in the beta assets. That's why it does not boot. Please re-check.
Also, you have many kext in S/L/E which are not taken from my guide.
Please conform 100% to my guide as a starting point, then we can work on your issues.

Sorry about that. I thought I copied files correctly but I did not.
Now, I updated the correct config.plist in place and started in verbose mode. I get these same blocked image on screen and the text gets scrambled. picture of the same is attached.

I am able to boot fine with USB. I saw that inject intel was unchecked with default settings in clover. I checked that and I have better graphics now.
I compared the EFI folder between USB and SSD. USB has three extra kexts: GenericUSBXHCI, IntelGraphicsFixup and Lilu. Not sure if that made the difference. All other things are same except Microsoft/ Apple/ACPI/origin folder contents.

Please suggest..

edit: i have not swapped the wifi card, could that be the reason for crash as I have kexts in clover for wifi?
Copied GenericUSBXHCI over to clover in ssd, tried to start again in verbose mode - same issue
Removed GenericUSBXHCI and added rest of two kexts (IntelGraphicsFixup and Lilu) - same issue again.

Attachments

• IMG_20170707_171249.jpg
    IMG_20170707_171249.jpg
    660.3 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_20170707_171405.jpg
    IMG_20170707_171405.jpg
    512.7 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_20170707_171601.jpg
    IMG_20170707_171601.jpg
    729.3 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Status