Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I ended trying a whole bunch of stuff with no luck, but long story short, all I had to do was set the IntelGFX parameter "RM,device-id" to 0x00001926 (i.e. JhkAAA==) in clover. This parameter seems to be set and used in @RehabMan's FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext stuff, and was originally 0x00001916 according to IOReg on my machine (and hence I got the thought of changing it, as it seemed weird as everything else describing my GPU uses 1926). Setting it to this value also fixed the problem with the GPU being recognised as an Iris 550 with only 24 compute units (according to luxmark) and now shows the "correct" GPU (Iris 540 w/ 48 units)!

It was a weird fix but I'm quite happy now :)
http://browser.geekbench.com/v4/compute/524556
(I still only get ~30fps in Cinebench however... Probably just have to wait for official KabyLake support I guess)

Usually, with Skylake and Iris graphics, you would not use FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext, unless you needed to...
In that case, it is the purpose to map 0x1926->0x1916...
But as you have discovered, you can control the spoofed ID by injecting RM,device-id (as per FakePCIID README).

Usually, with Skylake and Iris graphics, you would not use FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext, unless you needed to...
In that case, it is the purpose to map 0x1926->0x1916...
But as you have discovered, you can control the spoofed ID by injecting RM,device-id (as per FakePCIID README).

Ahh, ok - thanks! I just thought the kext was there for Kaby Lake spoofing or something. I'll try removing the kext altogether (as well as the RM,device-id injection) and see what happens.

Ahh, ok - thanks! I just thought the kext was there for Kaby Lake spoofing or something.

Kaby Lake yes, but Skylake Iris is different (and therefore likely Kaby Lake Iris)..

I'll try removing the kext altogether (as well as the RM,device-id injection) and see what happens.

If you remove it, you will break graphics... as there is no native support for Kaby Lake.
For HD640, correct setup is:
- FakeID as for any Kaby Lake (you could use Skylake HD540 device-id)
- FakePCIID.kext+FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext
- RM,device-id inject to inject HD540

I never needed FakePCIID kexts with HD540, but some did, hence the remapping in FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext. It just so happens that it kind of messes with the Kaby Lake scenario and requires the extra RM,device-id to get FakePCIID to do something different than what was originally intended for Skylake.

CPU power management [1.0GHz @ 0.5W idle <-> 3.5GHz @ 24W+ under load, 3800|8400 GeekBench3 score]

Guys, got problems with power consumption at idle. Min package power 1.65W, all configuration similar to @bozma88.
Any suggestions?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-03-24 at 17.53.12.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-24 at 17.53.12.png
    282.6 KB · Views: 150
CPU power management [1.0GHz @ 0.5W idle <-> 3.5GHz @ 24W+ under load, 3800|8400 GeekBench3 score]

Guys, got problems with power consumption at idle. Min package power 1.65W, all configuration similar to @bozma88.
Any suggestions?

- check that you have the sd card reader disabled in bios
- Reset bios settings to default, then reset to factory, then extract again dsdt, then re-patch everything
- Check you are not adding/doubling your dumped ssdts in your acpi/patched directory
- Use my clover config: do not drop vanilla ssdts, so not add anything else (kexts, plost config keys) but my clover archive

- check that you have the sd card reader disabled in bios
- Reset bios settings to default, then reset to factory, then extract again dsdt, then re-patch everything
- Check you are not adding/doubling your dumped ssdts in your acpi/patched directory
- Use my clover config: do not drop vanilla ssdts, so not add anything else (kexts, plost config keys) but my clover archive
@bozma88, if we reset the BIOS, do we have to be change the DVMT size again or does it not reset that?

@bozma88, if we reset the BIOS, do we have to be change the DVMT size again or does it not reset that?
You can place the special UEFI shell into clover/tools, so you can patch DVMT on the fly whenever you decide to reset the BIOS

Do you know which is the special shell that invokes setup_var?

Just a FYI... Remember to upgrade clover to the latest version before upgrading to 10.12.4 (Release or Beta), otherwise your system might not boot post upgrade :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back