Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use darkvoid's setting and encountered power drain.

My laptop info , 8250u and 8gb ram with a 1080p display, swapped with a mx500 SATA m.2 ssd ,SD card reader is disabled.

Under Windows 10, Idle is about 4 watt/s and normal usage is about 6 or 7watts per second, heavy load will about to TDP. The average battery consumption is 1% for 10min pdf reading in power-save mode(cpu is locked at 800MHz). That mean I had 15 hours screen on time.
Under a well optimized linux, Idle only costs 2 watt per second , I know that sounds ridiculous but it's true.
As for macOS, Idle is about 7 watt/s and web browsing is about 10 watt/s , coding in VSCode is about 13 watt/s.
The consumption is relatively high compare to other OS, and I had use cpu friend and data to inject frequency vector, the frequency of cpu seems normal(800MHz when Idle), but the battery still drain.

I guess that there are something had not set correctly, but when I compare to IOReg dump from real MBP, there are some different, one is Thunderbolt and the other is USB device and apple T2, and that also use HWP.
I think the problem is not relate to these difference because that HWMonitor and Intel's power gadget tell me that cpu package is about 2 watt/s when idle.

And I see @bozma88 claims that he can get 10 hours with 100% backlight of display. It can be easily reach in linux and windows but not in macOS for me.
But I had no clue to resolve the problem, any advice?

When unplugged from the charger, the battery percentage does not change unless I go to Energy Saver Preferences and double click the checkbox at the bottom left corner. Someone else has probably already encountered this, but I could not find a relevant comment for this particular issue.

Also, is there any way to disable the SD Card Reader in macOS? So that I can use it in Windows using a dual boot setup without having to disable it in the BIOS and preventing unnecessary battery consumption in macOS itself.

Assistance appreciated.

Thanks.

When unplugged from the charger, the battery percentage does not change unless I go to Energy Saver Preferences and double click the checkbox at the bottom left corner. Someone else has probably already encountered this, but I could not find a relevant comment for this particular issue.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Also, is there any way to disable the SD Card Reader in macOS? So that I can use it in Windows using a dual boot setup without having to disable it in the BIOS and preventing unnecessary battery consumption in macOS itself.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

VoodooI2C configuration

I have now switched to the VoodooI2C kext for trackpad usage. How are people enabling the native gestures? Coming from VoodooPS2...do we still need to map keyboard shortcuts for the gestures, or is there another/better way? Thanks.

VoodooI2C configuration

I have now switched to the VoodooI2C kext for trackpad usage. How are people enabling the native gestures? Coming from VoodooPS2...do we still need to map keyboard shortcuts for the gestures, or is there another/better way? Thanks.
All works without additional setting in yesterday release except 4 fingers gestures.

All works without additional setting in yesterday release except 4 fingers gestures.
What about the panic on boot with the 2.1 release? Everything works just fine with 2.0.3. Have you applei2c patches in clover config from CoolStar? lines 34 to 57

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back